steve65

FREE Denon DCD1560

Posted (edited)

I decided to change my CD player for the first time in 28 years so the Denon is available.  

The (possibly) bad

The drawer occasionally needs a little help to close.  Belts are available online.

Occasionally it won't make it to the end of a long CD.  Three times last year.  This is more than likely a belt.

The good

One owner. Me.  Bought new from Denon.  I worked for them on and off between 90-95

It is in mint condition.

It comes with the original remote control.

It's old but has genuinely seen sparing use.  Sometimes I might go a couple of months without turning the HIFI on. Perhaps the equivalent of 10 years worth from someone who listens regularly.   

Its free!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In retrospect I should probably have just changed the belts and bought a DAC but I bought the Marantz and I can hear a small difference/improvement, so I'm vaguely happy...

If anyone is interested I am in Camden, North London.  It is slightly possible that I can get it to my parents in Beaconsfield but you'll have to be patient and work with me on that.  It will be in the box from the Marantz that I have replaced it with. 

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve65
  • Like 4

Super Wammer

Steve, that is a very kind offer if someone wants a nice sounding CDP !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

Steve, that is a very kind offer if someone wants a nice sounding CDP !

Thanks.. I'm kinda hoping it'll go to someone who perhaps has a limited budget and will use it.  Might be a bit disappointing if it gets punted onto Ebay et-al to make a quick quid or two.

24 minutes ago, steve65 said:

Might be a bit disappointing if it gets punted onto Ebay et-al to make a quick quid or two.

We'd track them down and reverse their directional cables .

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer

or plug their speakers into the mains :geek:

• Like 1

On hold. TBC

Edited by steve65
  • Like 1

Wow!  Steve very kind of you. Would anyone be willing to pick this CD player up and take it to Kegworth with them? 

Super Wammer

Luke,

if someone can bring it to me at Keggie then I'll drop off to you, perhaps the Monday on my way back?

kr, Paul

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

Edited by steve65

Super Wammer
15 hours ago, insider9 said:

Thanks for the offer Paul. I'll be at Kegworth. By all means we could continue on Monday at mine 😁

that would depend upon my room mate Mark as we will be in my car, not sure that he's negotiated the extra day yet B|

• Like 1

I just wanted to say massive thanks to Steve! A true gent. Brought CD player to Kegworth. Nicely packed too. Had a great chat as well.

Been listening for a few hours and I'm really impressed by the CD player. It did need some time to warm up but it sings beautifully. 

Top, top Wamming!!! Thank you very much. 

Both these components obtained through generosity of Wammers for my main system. 

2019-03-18_08-21-23
  • Like 4

Super Wammer

looking good mate