bencat

Small Bookshelf Speakers

Super Wammer

I am putting a very small system together for my Niece who lives in Ibiza . Elena is not interersted in equipment at all so has left it to me. I thought I had the system fixed with a Nobosound Amplifier and a pair of JBL Control 1 speakers that i already had stored. However when I get the JBL units out the foam surrounds on woofers has perished and it is not worth spending the money to get them fixed.

I am looking for a pair of small bookself speakers and they need to be small as I will taking them out in my case to deliver them later this year. I will also probably take them to Kegworth and show them in the Suitcase system challenge .

If anyone has anything and under £100 for sale that would suit let me know .

Edited by bencat

Super Wammer

I would say keep your eyes peeled for a pair of Goodmans Maxim2, a wicked pair of speakers that have no right to sound as good as they do. I currently have a pair hooked up in a subsystem of my main rig, (using a Pioneer 400X as a power amp on the 2nd pair of outputs on the MasterSound pre) 170 x 200(Inc grills) x 260. Usually <£50 on fleabay. 

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

eBay item number

The speakers larch mentioned

49.99 plus delivery.

I would say keep your eyes peeled for a pair of Goodmans Maxim2, a wicked pair of speakers that have no right to sound as good as they do. I currently have a pair hooked up in a subsystem of my main rig, (using a Pioneer 400X as a power amp on the 2nd pair of outputs on the MasterSound pre) 170 x 200(Inc grills) x 260. Usually <£50 on fleabay. 

Super Wammer

Thanks for the advice and the heads up will give the pair identified on e-bay a try and let you know how I get on .

Super Wammer

Okay offered and was countered and have bought the pair as per the link for 44.99 plus postage . Thanks for all your help I have never heard this speaker but trust Lurch and will use these for the system as whatever they are they will so much better than any midi / mini system speaker. Just hope that they will fit in my suitcase when I come to take them out to my Niece.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bencat said:

Okay offered and was countered and have bought the pair as per the link for 44.99 plus postage . Thanks for all your help I have never heard this speaker but trust Lurch and will use these for the system as whatever they are they will so much better than any midi / mini system speaker. Just hope that they will fit in my suitcase when I come to take them out to my Niece.

Larch has good ears for a oldie ;)

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Well his (Lurch) hearing is better than your spelling of his name . I met Lurch last year at Kegworth and heard only too briefly his system . If he can put that sound together then I am sure he knows what does and does not sound decent . I trust him and thank you for giving me the lead , this is why despite all the silly things that go on I love the Wam people just hepl and give you good advice .

Edited by bencat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bencat said:

Well his (Lurch) hearing is better than your spelling of his name . I met Lurch last year at Kegworth and heard only too briefly his system . If he can put that sound together then I am sure he knows what does and does not sound decent . I trust him and thank you for giving me the lead , this is why despite all the silly things that go on I love the Wam people just hepl and give you good advice .

My spelling is bad,lol

Yet he's a nice guy and he has good taste, his house is really nice.

His bake offs are awesome and

The food he lays on is something special.

Super Wammer

Andrew, would you like me to stick a pair of 700mm atacama stands in my car for the Maxim2s?? Also have a rather nice pair of Audioquest Indigo SCs that I use with mine. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
14 hours ago, Lurch said:

Andrew, would you like me to stick a pair of 700mm atacama stands in my car for the Maxim2s?? Also have a rather nice pair of Audioquest Indigo SCs that I use with mine. 

Hi Lurch think if I am in the Suitcase challenge that would be considered a bit of a cheat but thanks for the offer . Will just use the desk in the room of whatever I can find .

On 07/01/2019 at 21:58, Southeast said:

Edited by Brigadoon

On 07/01/2019 at 21:58, Southeast said:

Edited by Brigadoon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bencat said:

Hi Lurch think if I am in the Suitcase challenge that would be considered a bit of a cheat but thanks for the offer . Will just use the desk in the room of whatever I can find .

I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on  how these sound Andrew,

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Brigadoon said:

I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on  how these sound Andrew,

No Problems Barry will put something on two channel when they arrive.