graham67

WANTED: Audio Technica MM microline cart

hi,

I am looking for a reasonable MM cart to suit an 11g arm on my parents Technics direct drive.  The DNM Reson Reca I fitted is not an ideal match for the built in MM stage of a Marantz PM5003. The DNM really needs a much better stage, so its a bit of a waste in their system.

I think the Audio Technica Microline stylus should work well for their needs so looking for something like an AT440MLa or VM95ML or similar.

You'll struggle finding a 440mla (trust me I've tried!) MLBs are fairly common though and I can recommend them highly.

Hi Tristan,

Yes good point, and agree an MLb should  be ideal, forgot the MLa had been replaced by the MLb which has now also been discontinued.  The AT range has been going through a bit of a revamp recently.

Graham.

Hi Mark,

that looks like a good cart, however with the current exchange rate and duties which will be levied, it will end up a bit exxy. 

However it does remind me I should not have sold my 150MLX when I changed to the 150SA.  It would have been perfect!!! :$

• Like 1

I have a 440mla, genuinely only used on 2 sides so as new as you will find I should think. I have all the original packaging and everything else it came with. I bought it and then found a NOS Ortofon MC 15 super 2 within a day of making the purchase so that is the only reason it has had such little use. I know what I paid for it but not it's value now so feel free to pm me with an offer if you are still on the lookout.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for Pete for the lovely AT440 MLa.  See page 2 of the following for details.

Edited by graham67