Kegworth Show Information

THE WAM HIFI SHOW 2019 - Exhibitor Rooms All Now Full

Show Opens At 10am This Sunday - £15 On The Door (No Card Facilities/CASH ONLY)
Super Wammer Members Entrance Fee is £10 (Must Show Proof Of Membership and Forum Name eg. Print Out Of Forum Profile)

ROOM ALLOCATIONS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KSQoBqqBYbZWVFBU6oX8u5kM-FPGsxl4uQMaTx_iu6k/edit?usp=sharing

radiant red

40 years old this year!

I know it’s not directly a two channel subject but certainly a two channel playable piece of history from 1979 

Happy 40th anniversary to the Wall!

C2B5E487-45CF-4946-8E0B-2D63141122F5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

:^ I’ve moved this to “Recorded Music” section, as that is what is it is.

Besides, I feel old enough without being reminded if it :(. I was playing A Saucerfull of Secrets just over a week ago, which set me on the Prog. Rock/Pink Floyd journey. 

“A Saucerful of Secrets is the second studio album by the English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 29 June 1968. That is over 50 years now :cs:

• Like 1

Not likeee... I purchased the single, however, 'Another Brick In The Wall', which quite liked at the time. Otherwise PF were meh!

• Sad 1

I was 15 years old when the Wall hit.. the concert was awesome and truly memorable, one of my first if you exclude having to accompany mother to a Cliff Richard concert lol.

• Haha 2

Absolutely love this album, probably my favourite PF. I first heard it as a 16yo in the late 80's and it took about three listens but when I got it I was hooked. Brilliant and inspired

Posted (edited)

It got overplayed, not just the single but the whole bl###y album!

Great for engineering undergraduates, with long greasy hair, huddling together in the darkness around the warmth of a joss stick in their army surplus greatcoats muttering “far out man” to each other.

I preferred a hot shower, clean, smart clothes then a drink and dancing (with girls).

I let all that public schoolboy ‘art’ music pass me by. Blokes in frocks doing 25 minute synth solos! (Shudders to think about it.)

Edited by chebby
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jkbmusic said:

:^ I’ve moved this to “Recorded Music” section, as that is what is it is.

Besides, I feel old enough without being reminded if it :(. I was playing A Saucerfull of Secrets just over a week ago, which set me on the Prog. Rock/Pink Floyd journey. 

“A Saucerful of Secrets is the second studio album by the English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 29 June 1968. That is over 50 years now :cs:

Didn't mind their real early stuff single wise: 

1 minute ago, chebby said:

It got overplayed, not just the single but the whole bl###y album!

Great for engineering undergraduates, with long greasy hair, huddling together in the darkness around the warmth of a joss stick in their army surplus greatcoats muttering “far out man” to each other.

I preferred a hot shower, clean, smart clothes then a drink and dancing (with girls).

I let all that public schoolboy ‘art’ music pass me by. Blokes in frocks doing 25 minute synth solos! (Shudders to think about it.)

It that's 'Art'' music that gets up my hooter. It was pretentious c##p - most of it.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, plasticpenguin said:

'Another Brick In The Wall',

The 1979 Christmas no.1 :geek:

I've seen the Roger Waters The Wall twice , excellent entertainment .

The album is a masterpiece :cool:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, plasticpenguin said:

Not likeee... I purchased the single, however, 'Another Brick In The Wall', which quite liked at the time. Otherwise PF were meh!

When I was a student, it was blaring out at every party I went to.  Drove me nuts. Unmelodic twaddle IM very HO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

LAst Floyd album I bought was Animals, not interested in the Wall. There are a couple of decent tracks but the rest does nothing for me.

What do not like the wall it's a classic album :o

16 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Didn't mind their real early stuff single wise: 

The family dog is called Emily, so I played that over Christmas, while I sang along :oj:. Well you have to :whistle:

Was an extremely political album which you like or dislike but it woke up many artists to the world of expression..