hlinden

Recommend crazy nerdy audiophile "effect" tracks

Posted (edited)

If you fancy going retro, why not try the Decca FFSS  L.P.  ' A Journey into Stereo Sound'  released in 1958. Loads of wacky tracks from the glory days of vinyl.  

Edited by TECUMSEH VALLEY

On 'British Steel' Judas Priest used a tray of cutlery - knives & forks mainly - to make a sound like a metal god's marching feet.
Worked surprisingly well. 

6 hours ago, Gizza said:

Ha ha ha, you're as bad as me - I rarely pick up lyrics either. What a cruel trick, reversing the labels. What an album though, eh? I think the train probably is only audible on headphones, now you mention it. I hadn't heard it myself until I read about it in some distant interview. Here's a link to nice write-up of the recording of the album... 

http://www.johnmartyn.com/sleeve-notes/one-world-deluxe-edition/

That’s a great read in the link you posted. Phill Brown is one of my favourite sound engineers- his work on the last two Talk Talk albums plus Mark Hollis’s solo follow up is exceptional. He has a rare skill in capturing the acoustic space in the recording environment.

• Like 1

Back on topic, it’s a simple trick but the stereo phasing(?) effect of the backing singers on Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side always makes me smile