falcoron

Starting over

Thanks Keith cracking speakers I loved watching Steve’s posts as he changed speakers, have to stick to budget I’m afraid but these are a bargain! Thanks for the offer though 

Super Wammer

No probs , ….. ive been away over xmas so haven't had chance to advertise them...….its a pity on your quest for floorstander as those ..Kralk … speeks do groove on music wise...… he s a great guy, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deggie said:

Hi ron ,...im in process of moving my system to the bedroom set up , so my new harbee fives wil be more suitable ……….. hence my …. Mowgan Mabon floorstanders will be up for sale , but I will be asking 1500, for them,....plenty of news if you google mowgan audio …...the wam feed will show , and pictures of mine I had of steve rb are there....plus info review from m7rso who has a pair.....these now are in the region of six grand now...……..worth a look.

regards .

keith.

Wow big change Keith,  those mowgan will be lovely for someone. I have heard these and enjoy them . 

Love my Kralks to bits and they are only the small ones.

Stupidly good for the money. Amazing things.

I’ve read really good things on the Kralks but they don’t do floorstanding, or are they exactly living room material ( wife’s words) lol! 

Edited by falcoron

Alright Ron? Mate, the XL horns look amazing! Last I saw them you’d veneered them. Is this the same pair? Professional spray job I’m guessing, might have to get mine done! Hope you’re well mate. 

I’m really good mate! Yes same ones. I took veneer off as it started to lift and bubble with heat from new wood burning stove! Anyway, yes I painted them with 2 pack paint then sanded and polished to a very high gloss, i was a paint sprayer many many moons ago and have all the gear in my garage so still dabble from time to time.

I must say white speakers look really nice and I would buy new ones in white gloss if possible. 

The frugals are used in a gym room I built fir my wife in the garden, great wee speakers for the money.  I’ve loved them for some time now and will continue to.

I just got really fed up trying to upgrade and getting nowhere after a price point,  so I’ve down graded ( on price only) and getting very good results and a healthier bank balance. Some speakers made today at around 1k and below are stunningly good compared to a lot I’ve had and heard up to  ten times that price point. I think with most manufacturers getting cabs made in China frees up money for driver and development especially companies from Smaller European countries. Not many shops left in Northern Ireland to try them out so this is where this place is great with advice and help from members.

Hows your hifi journey?

Edited by falcoron

Good to hear you’re well mate! All good here thanks, still with the XLs, they suit us really well at the moment as we’ve now got a little boy, Leo, and I’m much happier with the idea of him pulling himself up on those than my old Odeons or some other multi £k speaker! 

I don’t miss the Rigolettos too much tbh, wonderful treble but the bass was too heavy for my room and they had that slightly recessed midrange. Running the horns with either an LFD zero 3 or a crayon cfa-1 integrated. Just bought Rabskis old Gordon Welford pre for a play so need a power amp to do that justice really. Source wise I have a child friendly TT (sl10) and finally found a good lampi dac At a price I could justify, so job done for digital. 

Interested to see what you end up with mate! I’ll keep an eye out for anything tasty. 

• Like 1

Good man cheers mate! 

In  my room the rigolleto were really good up top and really stunning midrange but little deep bass! I bought 2 BK subs and anti node and that made a world of difference. Sold my sjs made 300b!

why on earth I ever did still eludes me!! Fecking stupidity on my part! Don’t think I’ll ever have an amp as good again without mortgage money. I’m done with hi spend, little reward, so this is a new thing for me. Although I’m keeping my expensive but superb digital front end 

have a great new year mate, talk soon 

Ron

Funnily enough just been talking to sjs 're amps but not a cheap option. Glad you are keeping the frugalhorns and good to see the finish you did .I never ever listened to so many vocal cds as when I had the frugalhorn 

No agreed not a cheap option but my god they are stunning! 

The frugsls are a great speaker for intimate low listening with a good amp, that do have their limits but what doesn’t? The things they do right and we’re designed to do are very good indeed but fir the money wow! 

19 hours ago, yoda900 said:

P3063108.JPG

Pylon speakers from Poland. When I heard them at a show they were astonishing for the money. Awards for best speaker in 2018.

Cheaper AE 305

acoustic_energy_ae_305.jpg

Been looking at these and from the reviews ( although most not in English) they get hi paise indeed, the parts list is impressive too point to point x overs with good quality components drivers from scanspeak and seas etc. Finish is stunning to with a lot to choose from at little money! Deffo going to delve deeper into these!

do you remember what speakers you listened to? The ones in picture are diamond 28’s I think 

Have you seen the beovox in classifieds with integral sub and under your budget

On 01/01/2019 at 10:45, hifinutt said:

Have you seen the beovox in classifieds with integral sub and under your budget

I did indeed I love the look but wife says wise up lol!