myrman

SOLD: Karan Acoustics KAL Ref Mkll Preamp and KAS180 Power amp

I am selling my Karan Acoustics KAL Ref Mkll Preamp inc onboard MM/MC option plus KAS180 Mkll Power Amplifier.

By far the best solid state combo I have used and has sounded wonderful with a variety of speakers I have used it with ie Avalon, Gershman and Zingali.  I had previously owned the excellent KAI180 integrated and this is a huge step up in performance.

The preamp consists of 2 units one housing the external power supply. It features RCA and XLR outputs plus 3 Line and 2 balanced inputs per channel plus an additional line in for the phono input

As with all Karan amps the KAS180 has superb bass control and a smooth 3 dimensional presentation.  I've owned a lot of power amps and the Karan is exceptional imo.

Output is rated at 180W into 8 ohm and 300W into 4 ohm.

Each unit is 500 X 110 X 380 mm (WxHxD) so slightly wider than the norm.

All units are in excellent condition. Each unit has its own wooden shipping crate.

The retail cost for the current models totals £21k with the Mklll Ref pre inc phonoboard at £14k (my Ref II version with phono was £11k) and  the KAS180 MkII at £7k. (The MkII is still the current version of the power amp)

Collection from Northampton preferred.

Power amp now Sold. 

Preamp reduced to £2400

Karan 1.jpg

Karan R.jpg

Edited by myrman

Posted (edited)

Very nice Nick.. Ive come round to thinking balanced is a good way to move forward. (I run Ayre electronics in balanced option  in my domestic system.) Seem like good value too.

NB I love the rear view of balanced electronics..

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

Cheers Jack. I have only ever used balanced but it's good to have both options available. Its a stellar combo and capable of handling some seriously demanding speakers. Someone is going to be very happy with these. 

KAS180 power amp now sold. 

Preamp still available.

Edited by myrman