magichifi

Apogee Scintillas

Pair of Apogee Scintillas rebuilt by Reality Audio 3 years ago using all new Graz ribbons, the surrounds could do with a re paint as these were not done with the rebuild. I have the original boxes and user manual.

Nothing comes close to these speakers when driven by a good amplifier, genuine reason for sale demo welcome, may be able to deliver and install please call first.

please call on 07885 900 any time

£3995.00

IMG_2548.JPG

• Like 4

yep they really are that good

No it's a Gryphon Mephisto

Super Wammer

These were the key ingredient in one of the greatest privately-owned systems I've heard in the last thirty years. I was lucky enough to be a very junior member of the team that supplied and installed it in a memorable and very large flat in Holland Park.

I can still remember the sound 30 years on, or at least how expansive and utterly magnificent it was. Enormous 200W class A mono Krells, 2-box ARC SP-15 valve pre, Oxford Acoustics Crystal Ref TT with Air Tangent tonearm and Koetsu cart all undoubtedly played their part, but these speakers were what made it in a cavernous room.

Best of luck with your sale, you must be very sorry to see these go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, batteredhaggis said:

These were the key ingredient in one of the greatest privately-owned systems I've heard in the last thirty years. I was lucky enough to be a very junior member of the team that supplied and installed it in a memorable and very large flat in Holland Park.

I can still remember the sound 30 years on, or at least how expansive and utterly magnificent it was. Enormous 200W class A mono Krells, 2-box ARC SP-15 valve pre, Oxford Acoustics Crystal Ref TT with Air Tangent tonearm and Koetsu cart all undoubtedly played their part, but these speakers were what made it in a cavernous room.

Best of luck with your sale, you must be very sorry to see these go.

Sounds like a mega system can't imagine what that would have been like 30 years ago. The reason for the sale is the Reality audio are building me a new pair which will be completed early in the new year.   You are welcome to come and have a listen if you are ever around the Sheffield area.

Super Wammer

Thanks for the kind offer! Unlikely to drop in as we're in Hastings, but I'd love a listen again. Good luck with the new pair - I hope you keep the forum posted once they arrive.

22 hours ago, delirio said:

I wish i had the room!

My problem as well. My favourite speaker system of all time. I had quiet a lot of time with these 30 - 35 years ago and was prepared to buy a pair (then £5K new retail) and the appropriate amp/ amps. The Tanberg 4,000 series mono block power amps (designed to drive the 1 Ohm version) just edged it for me with themover the Krell mono's. Unfortunately my room was to small for them then and it still is.

Are these the 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm version? Or does the rebuild determine the nominal impedance?

Edited by poco a poco

How much room do they need?

On 24/12/2018 at 19:23, poco a poco said:

Unfortunately my room was to small for them then and it still is.

What size is your room please?

2 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

I was wondering this too...

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, bandit pilot said:

No Rick, you cannot build them into the walls.... :D

As this is a sale thread not a discussion one I think it would be unfair to the seller to impose my opinion any further with regard to the probable minimum room size needed for them to work well. My recollections are though that the more space you can give them the better they will sound.

2 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

What size is your room please?

I was wondering this too...

Edited by poco a poco