orangeart

What are you showing

Posted (edited)

I might bring my SONY TA-N7B Amp 

http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-TA-N7B.html

Rare old beast , 3000 worldwide and only 83 exported into Europe in silver , Had it refreshed by Mike P , All new caps including the 4 GIANT ones

Edited by Audio Al
update
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 02/03/2019 at 21:58, orangeart said:

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Where does all the time go, why do I do this to myself every year??

alert to mods:

orangeart needs a new forum handle "last minute larry" :D 

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Audio Al said:

I might bring my SONY TA-N7B Amp 

http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-TA-N7B.html

Rare old beast , 3000 worldwide and only 83 exported into Europe in silver , Had it refreshed by Mike P , All new caps including the 4 GIANT ones

ooooh :22:

Posted (edited)

Well it's been a crazy day, first off I finished spraying my plinths first thing, then a burnish around lunch time. Then home to rebuild by prototype MA-01 amp into the configuration @greybeard wanted for the show, checked it over to make sure it all worked well. Then back to the unit to re-build my LP12 into it's new plinth. I had trouble deciding, those of you who have followed my other thread will know I built 3 of them. I picked the stiped ebony/maple strings/black palm edging version pictured below. I'll bring the one with the ebony edging too.

IMG_20190315_195044.thumb.jpg.57418a7e04214ff45de8b621bb57389b.jpgIMG_20190315_195054.thumb.jpg.6118bdb9215f465c6a9776d070a29fe0.jpg

Edited by orangeart
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, orangeart said:

IMG_20190315_150705.thumb.jpg.06b76546bf79478e2fa84045afe27621.jpg 

Here is the ebony edged version.

I probably missed it, but is it your intention to do a production run for sale purposes?

Posted (edited)

Not really, they would have to be very expensive, there is a huge amount of work in them and the timber is very expensive and rare. It is doable I guess but my moto so far has been to bring products to market at sensible prices.

Still they are beautiful so I could maybe be persuaded 😀

Edited by orangeart

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, orangeart said:

Not really, they would have to be very expensive, there is a huge amount of work in them and the timber is very expensive and rare. It is doable I guess but my moto so far has been to bring products to market at sensible prices.

Still they are beautiful so I could maybe be persuaded 😀

I’m not in the market myself, but thought it might well be of interest to others. Yes, beautiful indeed, good work!

Super Wammer

Stefan this is Linn they can charge £1200 for a piece of metal I am sure you can fix a price that brings you a decent profit , then again repeating that work all the time might be a little boring . See you Saturday .

• Haha 2