Paulssurround

Do You Feel Better Served As A Linn Customer With The Linn Forum Closed?

On 03/02/2019 at 20:49, multiroon said:

Furthermore some of Linn's dealer network have been slow to understand networking technology; or arrogant, exploiting their control to disadvantage customers who aren't looking for a major installation project (I have never forgotten the London dealer, asked to support me with a small issue, who told me to "come back when you have £50k to spend").

That's awful - I must say my experience with dealers has been nothing like that, but that doesn't help when one behaves badly. I would certainly take issue with any dealer who tried to persuade me to buy overly expensive cables or music servers, but I've not experienced this so far. Hopefully you are now with a dealer who gives you much better support.

I sympathise fully with your post. 

Edited by Nestor Turton

7 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

He said that as an organization, the Japanese Linn guys are absolutely top notch to deal with, and extremely knowledgeable on all things Linn.

It might be worth while to contact them.

Thanks—will bear that in mind. My conversational Japanese is ok, but my reading/writing is a disaster. My own fault, but as a result I relied mainly on the old forum for my information. 

15 hours ago, stuarts said:

Thanks—will bear that in mind. My conversational Japanese is ok, but my reading/writing is a disaster. My own fault, but as a result I relied mainly on the old forum for my information. 

You should stop by the Linn boutique in Ginza and talk to Konno-san. He is very enthusiastic about Space Optimisation, and gave me some good pointers on the subject. He could possibly set you up with a Linn-Japan employee who does speak English. Your conversational Japanese being okay should be adequate to make contact and express what you need. Tell him that Michael from Vancouver sent you.

3 hours ago, akamatsu said:

You should stop by the Linn boutique in Ginza and talk to Konno-san. He is very enthusiastic about Space Optimisation, and gave me some good pointers on the subject. He could possibly set you up with a Linn-Japan employee who does speak English. Your conversational Japanese being okay should be adequate to make contact and express what you need. Tell him that Michael from Vancouver sent you.

Thanks, Michael. 

• Like 1

I have found out about most of the upgrades, that I ended up buying, from the old forums. I feel that shutting down the forums is going to deprive me, and reduce Linn from upgrade $. There was not that much abuse that had to be moderated on the old forums so I am confused as to why they were shut down.

Now we see less and less Linn users contributing to the new forum, and it means only one thing - Linn is driving away and alienate their own user base, the very one that feeds Linn.

A genius shot in the foot by Linn themselves.

Edited by cspgqqt

Just now, akamatsu said:

This is the Linn forum.

Not sure what point you are making. 

If you are saying this is where Linn enthusiasts should now build a community, yes.  Let's do it.

But if you are saying this will provide an appropriate substitute for the huge library of historical posts which Linn have taken offline, no.  Linn has stated that they will not make an archive available.  Many of us feel that is the wrong decision.

• Like 1

Just now, multiroon said:

Not sure what point you are making. 

If you are saying this is where Linn enthusiasts should now build a community, yes.  Let's do it.

But if you are saying this will provide an appropriate substitute for the huge library of historical posts which Linn have taken offline, no.  Linn has stated that they will not make an archive available.  Many of us feel that is the wrong decision.

Let's make the best of what we have. And this forum is what we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, multiroon said:

I believe Linn has said the old forum no longer exists.  So they do not have the ability to make an archive available.