Lord Nitrogen

FS: Wilson Benesch Actor Speakers in Cherry PRICE DROP

£800, £700, audition/pickup in Brighton welcome. Will meet halfway in SE/London. No packing so reluctant to send even by courier.

Wilson Benesch Actor loudspeakers in cherry. The first grown up speakers I ever had were S/H WB Orators and when these big brothers became available I had to have them. On Wammer advice they were replaced with Audionote AN-E 3-4 years ago and they have sat essentially unused since then. Spikes, terminal connecting plates and photocopied manual included.

88dB sensitivity. 110 cm tall (with sloping top), 23 cm wide, 37 cm deep. Approx 48 kg.

Huge WAF (sample size n=1). Some dings and imperfections, nothing noticeable from listening position. Black bases could do with touching up (see terminals photo).

Some historic love from the 'Wam:

IMG_1814 2.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Edited by Lord Nitrogen
Price Drop

Love these speakers I personally borrowed this pair from Dave , years ago he was driving them with a 30 w valve amp back then but have to say when I plumbed them into my Audio Analogue maestro amp the where truly superb .

Wow lovely loudspeakers! Nice to see them bi wired too I suppose. Good luck with your sale. What are you moving on to may I ask? I have Elac floorstanders in the other room I've hardly used them but they were a bargain and already run in !

Relaxing in the bedroom at the moment. Wolf alice 20th - need to maybe sort out a new phone with o2 priority. Or just turn up early. It's a nice venue!

Lovely looking speakers.

BUMP . . . and price drop to £700.

Was thinking about these but have recently bought another pair of speakers and want to give them a good chance first.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

Was thinking about these but have recently bought another pair of speakers and want to give them a good chance first.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

They're a speaker I'd possibly like to try as well, they do look very interesting.

I always thought WB was just an overpriced luxury that celebrities or rich people get to buy just to say they've got one of the most expensive. To me, their drive units didn't ever look anything special either. However, they did actually really capture me one year at the Bristol show with one of their demos, they were £26,000 speakers which I would never buy though (I think I can safely say never there :) ), but they explained that a lot of their technology is employed in their more affordable range as well, and it got me wondering ever since.

Very low on my list of priorities at the moment though, but have a bump on me anyway all the best with them, and yes they do look very nice, perhaps more so than their very expensive Darth Vader look-alikes :D

Edited by eddie-baby

I have a pair of these and would heartily recommend them . They are a very easy load so  good with valves

They also have good WAF