Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

Timbo21

DAC Off Part 2: Qutest vs RME ADI-2 DAC

@Timbo21 I played around with the filters last nite but seems to make little to no difference. Still settled for White Incisive Neutral, which to me sounds just a tad more transparent.

Actually got a much noticeable change in sound going from my Wireworld to DNM solid core interconnects. Now the sound is much more focused and cohesive. 

@Timbo

Any more thoughts on the RME?

I do like it myself, but haven't had a chance to try and even out the slight base issue... not sure if it's a gain issue, or a matter of lowering the base, or tweeking EQ... Keith has been as helpful as he can over the phone, I'm sure I will get there.

Mac

Edited by whitehart

The  Qutest has gone back. Going to give the RME ADI-2 DAC a try next. 

Edited by Nativebon

@Timbo21 @whitehart @Nativebon

Guys, 

As we all have tried the Qutest and three have sent it back, ( I don't know the status regarding Timbo21 and the Qutest) I think it's time to try the Schitt. I can order it and have it sent here for 1239 euro.  As long as I notify them I want to send it back within two weeks,  it looks like there is no charge other than shipping.  I will try and order the Gungnir Multi-bit Gen 5.  I am not sure if I can do this until after the holidays though.

@whitehart  Mac, because you liked that Ola Gjeilo Stone Rose  so much, I have three more for you:  Robert Len Fragile, Hoff Ensemble Quiet Winter Nights, and Alexis French Evolution.  This last one is very nice.  I don't know how far you are from Wales, but he is playing there in Cardiff in Feb.  I'd love to see it, but can't find child care.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChemMan said:

Guys, 

As we all have tried the Qutest and three have sent it back, ( I don't know the status regarding Timbo21 and the Qutest) I think it's time to try the Schitt. I can order it and have it sent here for 1239 euro.  As long as I notify them I want to send it back within two weeks,  it looks like there is no charge other than shipping.  I will try and order the Gungnir Multi-bit Gen 5.  I am not sure if I can do this until after the holidays though.

@whitehart  Mac, because you liked that Ola Gjeilo Stone Rose  so much, I have three more for you:  Robert Len Fragile, Hoff Ensemble Quiet Winter Nights, and Alexis French Evolution.  This last one is very nice.  I don't know how far you are from Wales, but he is playing there in Cardiff in Feb.  I'd love to see it, but can't find child care.

I’m more intrigued by the RME. But generally I confess that DACs bore me. I’m happy with what comes in my DS and CD player!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nopiano said:

I’m more intrigued by the RME. But generally I confess that DACs bore me. I’m happy with what comes in my DS and CD player!

I'm also interested in the RME, I don't know anything about ordering an RME and sending it back If I don't like it.  The Qutest was home demo from my dealer in Ghent.  And yes, I wish it was all in one, but I have 500 invested in the Node 2.  What to do?  Nobody wants to take this off my hands now that the 2i has been released and new Node 2s are like 300.

5 minutes ago, ChemMan said:

I'm also interested in the RME, I don't know anything about ordering an RME and sending it back If I don't like it.  The Qutest was home demo from my dealer in Ghent.  And yes, I wish it was all in one, but I have 500 invested in the Node 2.  What to do?  Nobody wants to take this off my hands now that the 2i has been released and new Node 2s are like 300.

I hadn’t thought of that!  Perhaps Mac can forward Keith’s!!

36 minutes ago, ChemMan said:

You can order a RME DAC at DV 24/7 online. Same 2 weeks trial period applies. Mostly Pro audio shops stock them. I will be looking at ordering after the festive period.

5 hours ago, Nativebon said:

The  Qutest has gone back. Going to give the RME ADI-2 DAC a try next. 

Wise move, don't think you'll be disappointed.

Mac

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ChemMan said:

I like your style and look forward to reading what you think about it 

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:46, ChemMan said:

Guys, 

@ChemMan

Thanks for the music recommendations, always appreciated.

Would definitely recommend a home demo of the RME, I'm enjoying it, but in my position, It's hard to get the best out of all it's facilities.  However, with the help of Keith and my dear wife, I've at least got it sounding as good as the M DAC+, if not better.

Others have posted links for suppliers of the RME, but by all means drop Keith a PM too.

Mac

• Like 1

On 19/12/2018 at 10:15, whitehart said:

Any more thoughts on the RME?

I do like it myself, but haven't had a chance to try and even out the slight base issue... not sure if it's a gain issue, or a matter of lowering the base, or tweeking EQ... Keith has been as helpful as he can over the phone, I'm sure I will get there.

Mac

Really liking it. What is the bass issue?

Super Dealer

I believe there was just more perceived bass than before, the RME has a flat F/R perhaps the Mdac Plus doesn’t ?

Keith