Trouble and strife

Newbies at Kegworth 2019

Just now, JD68 said:

What you mean is a lot of audiophiles smell like fish and mushy peas.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Only cos they've spilled it on their flamboyant shorts that disguise spillages.

I’m not going to hide how my first experience was today , the show and the people that hosted it were amazing ✌️, the hotel needs to be knocked down . 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In fact looks like they had tried themselves ,but gave up 

Super Wammer

As the hotel was in the middle of refurbishment (workman were up all friday night to finish the bar in time for the weekend) I think it is a little unfair to slag the place off . The staff were helpful and very good and as noted most of the rooms were changed and had beds either moved or in some cases dismantled furniture removed not many places would put up with that . The place is well laid out it even gives nice access for those in wheel chairs so I think like the Wam show itself it is a work in progress and I am sure it will be that bit better next year .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Super Wammer
17 hours ago, Signs said:

First time at the show today , loved it thanks , but by God’s that hotel is a dump !! 

which tells me you never went to Scalford Hall

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, bencat said:

As the hotel was in the middle of refurbishment (workman were up all friday night to finish the bar in time for the weekend) I think it is a little unfair to slag the place off . The staff were helpful and very good and as noted most of the rooms were changed and had beds either moved or in some cases dismantled furniture removed not many places would put up with that . The place is well laid out it even gives nice access for those in wheel chairs so I think like the Wam show itself it is a work in progress and I am sure it will be that bit better next year .

Peter told us last night that he listed 9 hotels to move us away from Scalford (for economic reasons) , 5 of them refused on the basis of furniture / bed moving

anywhere with a lift and a surfaced car park gets my vote

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer

Indeed the hotel is undergoing refurbishment and that needs to extend extensively, eventually.

But we need something that's not too fancy.  First, the costs would be too high, second, if it was too nicely decorated we wouldn't be tolerated with our box shifting and furniture shifting shenanigans.  So it goes both ways - hopefully the hotel needs us for economic reasons and we need an hotel that can tolerate our weird requirements.

So this needs to be considered when forming a view.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

So this needs to be considered when forming a view.

+1

13 hours ago, Signs said:

I’m not going to hide how my first experience was today , the hotel needs to be knocked down . 

It's called shabby chic, very much on trend this year!

I bet the owners of the hotel or the overworked staff reading your comments felt really appreciated! :^

Not many places would tolerate the Wam as it is, be grateful or wear this 'sign' next year for me so I can help you down the corridor... :doh:

119-1024.png

:nup:

• Haha 2

It's called shabby chic, very much on trend this year!
I bet the owners of the hotel or the overworked staff reading your comments felt really appreciated! :^
Not many places would tolerate the Wam as it is, be grateful or wear this 'sign' next year for me so I can help you down the corridor... :doh:
119-1024.png
:nup:

Did you not read the part of my post where I said the people were fantastic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Signs said:

Did you not read the part of my post where I said the people were fantastic ?

I read it all thanks...

I read it all thanks...

Are you allowed on the internet without supervision?

31 minutes ago, Signs said:

Are you allowed on the internet without supervision?

nrn8x.jpg

I'm working tomorrow, however if you wanna' play we can today...

;-)

Well I had a great time and the vegetable pie was lovely. The beer was good too if limited choice but better than just on tap. Unless it can be moved nearer London (for purely selfish reasons) I totally support the choice of venue and thanks to Peter and co for all your hard work.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

It's not the worlds best hotel, but then they would not have the wam show, so it's hardly relevant. They tolerate us and what we do, in return we tolerate their little idiosyncrasies . Not sure what exactly people want for a £15 entrance fee. I enjoyed the show, coffee was nearly drinkable, parking was OK, easy access within the hotel, what else is needed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2