Trouble and strife

Newbies at Kegworth 2019

Hi we attended the show the last 5 years and would like to exhibit this year. How do we go about this please. 

New to the whole wig wam forum thing please be patient with us. 

Paul and Julie 

Super Wammer

You'll need to add yourself to the spreadsheet found in the first post of the thread below... or if you're unsure what to do, simply ask one of the guys there to add you to it :)

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/128828-the-wam-hifi-show-2019-exhibitor-spreadsheet-now-live/

Super Wammer

To anyone who is new to this , thank you for bothering it is important if this forum and the show are to progess that we get as many exhibitors and new first timers as possible .

If you need help about anything no matter how much you think it amy be trivial please ask either on the various threads or PM me or any of the Mods . I only became an exhibitor earlier this year at Kegworth , I made a not an inconsiderable number of mistakes not least of which was to forget to bring my laptop . Many of the other wammers rallied round and worked really hard to get me up and running .

The weekend is great and most important for anyone who attends either to have a room or just listen to the systems is to have fun hear music chat and see and hear things you have never done before .

None of us are professional at this but many have had huge qualtities of equipment in their systems and they know what for them amkes a good system . In every case that i listened to earlier this year there was musical merit nothing that was demonstrated was awful , some suited my taste others did not but they all sounded great and offered another personal insight in to music and how it is listened to .

Come along have fun , play lots of music , get drunk (if you want ) eat curry (again if you want ) but above all come along . Everyone is really welcome.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

All newbies - you will have a lot of fun, meet some really great & generous people

Saturday night is very special as quieter so chance to swap stories and generally talk nonsense with wammers ;) 

I control the spreadsheet and lock each entry as added so only Admin and myself can edit (we have had some childish behaviour in the past by non forum members would you believe!) 

If you need any changes please PM me and I'll edit for now, the room allocation will be done by a mod not me. 

Notes;

1. The rooms we use are the larger 'exec' type and pretty standard for all - although Admin is looking at options for this
  2. room soundproofing is much better than the old venue
  3. the car park is very large and properly surfaced
  4. there is a lift so if you have heavy kit (looking at you @aejoker !) bring a trolly

any other help needed please just ask

cheers, Paul

Edited by Maverick
fat fingers
  • Upvote 2

What date is the show in 2019? I can't see it anywhere, or am I being thick?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, JD68 said:

What date is the show in 2019? I can't see it anywhere, or am I being thick?

16th/17th March , it's in the thread title , maybe not visible on a phone ?

Sunday 17th is the actual show .

16th/17th March , it's in the thread title , maybe not visible on a phone ?
Sunday 17th is the actual show .
Cheers. Maybe it's my phone as you say. It's in my diary now.

• Upvote 1

Thinking of exhibiting first time this year. Know about the spreadsheet to add details of the system. Can I ask what does it costs to exhibit and secondly can you sleep in your room with your kit - I was thinking of bringing a blow-up mattress and sleeping bag with me to sleep on. If you are interested, the kit is Raspberry Pi - IQ Audio DAC Pro Volumio distribution,  home built pre in Leak Varislope case, Croft Series 3 OTL pimped up by Glenn Croft himself and  QUAD 57 electrostatics and a REL Strata V sub. Worried about killing my VDH Colibri cartridge if I brought the Garrard 401/SME V as well.

Super Wammer

Yes you do sleep in your room, half the fun, is trying to find somewhere to put the bed during the day, when you are exhibiting :D. You turn up on Saturday, and setup, Saturday night is the exhibitors night, where we will wander round rooms, having a wee dram or two, listening to fellow exhibitors systems, great fun and not to be missed. Sunday you exhibit, a lot of us stay Sunday night, especially the ones with long journeys, like me, and the tradition has been for us to go for a curry together, again IMO notto be missed.

I notice you are showing a Croft3 OTL, I showed mine last year and it garnered much praise, and one or two strange looks !! I bet it sounds great with Electrostatics, they are supposed to be a great match.

9 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Yes you do sleep in your room, half the fun, is trying to find somewhere to put the bed during the day, when you are exhibiting :D. You turn up on Saturday, and setup, Saturday night is the exhibitors night, where we will wander round rooms, having a wee dram or two, listening to fellow exhibitors systems, great fun and not to be missed. Sunday you exhibit, a lot of us stay Sunday night, especially the ones with long journeys, like me, and the tradition has been for us to go for a curry together, again IMO notto be missed.

I notice you are showing a Croft3 OTL, I showed mine last year and it garnered much praise, and one or two strange looks !! I bet it sounds great with Electrostatics, they are supposed to be a great match.

Thanks for the information - much appreciated. Not certain but does it cost anything to exhibit or do the costs come from the professional exhibits? Yes the Croft through the QUADs is really special. I have had the Croft for about 2 months now after getting Glen to sort out some issues with it and pimp up the output capacitors. I still cannot believe how wonderful it sounds. I had a very carefully restored Leak Stereo 20 before and I thought that was good until I got the Croft. Every time I put a new piece of music on it is like I am hearing for the first time and the emotional connection through the speakers is just unbelievable.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

David,

I'm not quite sure how trade will work in 2019 as that is with Pete/Admin, the hotel we used did not have 'trade' size rooms really - I know that options to use some rooms in the hotel opposite are being considered 

Costs are normally the exhibitor pays for the room on Saturday night, the show pays for Sunday - for the first time ever I will be in a position to stay Sunday night for the curry (having retired early since the last show). Last year the hotel ran a smallish menu all of Saturday / Sunday so you can grab a quick bite, nothing special but adequate to soak up liquid refreshment ;) 

I would STRONGLY echo Colin's comments on Saturday night, I have always done this and would not miss it for the world. Look forward to hearing your system!

• Like 1

Hello

I hope to be a Newbie at Kegworth. I was once asked to be a support for a friends room, who was planning to show at Scalford.

Looking forward to the opportunity to attend if it is offered.

When does a exhibitor learn of a room being made available ?

Super Wammer

Hi John

welcome to the wam!

put your name down here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gVH7BK0iatGxqvvT6busvq6wBnYvBrlp8evOu3zBL98/edit#gid=0

use the next empty line, let me know when done and I'll lock your entry 

as to actual space not sure how many rooms are available, for now put your name down as only 30 taken to date and wait for an announcement from @HiFiWigwam

(from memory we had just under 40 rooms running last year I think?)

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, davidpgals said:

Thanks for the information - much appreciated. Not certain but does it cost anything to exhibit or do the costs come from the professional exhibits?

first post here gives details of 2018 costs: https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/127421-kegworth-exhibitor-payment-information/