arturo

Interconnect Surprise

2 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

Even though I take the 'rise' out of cables, there are small difference IME, mainly tonal. But unless you have a bright or, conversely, a very warm set-up cables shouldn't even come into the equation.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Tonality is right, but getting the right tonality is everything IMHO, get the correct timbre of voices and instruments, its subtle with cables but still it can translate into big results for a systems overall listenability. Some 'right' and possibly 'better' cables do really help with detail and nuance in the music as well I find. Getting the right cable is not something that should be just taken lightly, but as has been said it doesn't always mean spending more.  

2 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Tonality is right, but getting the right tonality is everything IMHO, get the correct timbre of voices and instruments, its subtle with cables but still it can translate into big results for a systems overall listenability. Some 'right' and possibly 'better' cables do really help with detail and nuance in the music as well I find. Getting the right cable is not something that should be just taken lightly, but as has been said it doesn't always mean spending more.  

They can make difference... that difference is so small, it's more cost effective just to tweak the position of the furniture or moving your speakers an inch or so closer to the wall. Rather do that than travel to the nearest Richer Sounds or similar retailers.

• Like 1

Super Dealer
3 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Get someone to swop cables which have the’right’ tonality with some others, the only sti-ulation is that you can’t see which is connected, you suimply have to pick the right tonality reliably.

Keith

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Get someone to swop cables which have the’right’ tonality with some others, the only sti-ulation is that you can’t see which is connected, you suimply have to pick the right tonality reliably.

Keith

Its just obvious with some cables more than others, Van Den Hull being one, some of their cables are overly warm to the point of being muffled, switch out for some Chord and even a non audiophile will tell you straight away which is which. Level matched or even not level matched. What works the best in your system is another matter.

By the way, I’m in my early 70s.  My hearing is pretty good I think - I’m the one who hears the oven timer ting over music/radio/talking.  My partner, f. same age, never hears it.  Just to add to the discussion. 

Super Dealer
2 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Its just obvious with some cables more than others, Van Den Hull being one, some of their cables are overly warm to the point of being muffled, switch out for some Chord and even a non audiophile will tell you straight away which is which. Level matched or even not level matched. What works the best in your system is another matter.

There are extreme topologies and VDH carbon is one of them, ‘most’ cables with ‘normal’ electrical parameters will sound the identical.

Keith

Tonality and maybe detail (or how its presented even) is easy to listen for, what the cables cost is impossible to determine :)   

Super Dealer

Just your imagination, unless the cable’s LCR is so dramatically different it is changing the speaker’s FR.

Keith

Just now, PuritéAudio said:

‘most’ cables with ‘normal’ electrical parameters will sound the identical.

I dont get it :) I can't believe you're actually in the audio industry or you're just a wind up merchant :)

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Super Dealer

I am in the providing better sound quality , not selling over priced snake oil side .

Keith

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PuritéAudio said:

I am in the providing better sound quality , not selling over priced snake oil side .

Keith

Do you honestly think cables do not change the sound?  

Super Dealer

If you change a cable’s electrical parameters far enough away from the ‘norm’ then the cable may effect the speakers FR and you may hear an audible difference.

Not improvement just a minor difference which you could implement with software much more cheaply.

Just buy cables which are fit for their purpose, they will be completely transparent over domestic distances.

Keith

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

I dont get it :) I can't believe you're actually in the audio industry or you're just a wind up merchant :)

The same here I'm baffled:)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Do you honestly think cables do not change the sound?  

A piece of wire used at line levels and impedances can't change anything. How can it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2