newlash09

Eclipse Td 508 mk3 - anyone heard one

Hi all..

Just came across these interesting looking speakers. And saw the whathifi review which was positive.  Understand they dont do deep bass, which can be expected considering their small size and lack of internal volume. So was wondering what exactly do they do really well. Anyone ever heard one please :)

I believe I have but can't be sure. The ones I've listened were definitely shaped weirdly, white and point source. Sonically they were outstanding, sure lacking bass but you didn't really care that much. Gorgeous midrange, superb imaging. Just captivating. If you can get a decently priced pair go for it. 

• Like 1

Hifi + liked them too - http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/eclipse-td508mk3-loudspeakers/?page=3.  I think the typical LS37A lover may get on with these.  Could be the ideal for a low volume user who doesn't like bass (be interesting to see how they sound with a sub perhaps?

• Like 1

Thanks insider9 and uzzy...

Seem to be just the kind of speakers i was looking for. Just for intimate low volume listening for mostly female vocals. Thanks