A useful link Donuk, thanks.  This still doesn't explain why a 320kbps stream is being reported as 1411kbps though.  

Edited by nhojsllih

40 minutes ago, timster said:

it could be the source player is upsampling - this happens with mp3s played from iTunes using Net Aux - it arrives at my ADSM as 44/16 ALAC.

I agree re upsampling from iTunes or other programme, but in the case of Spotify connect, where is the upsampling taking place?  

Is the stream sent in via the controlling device (smartphone/pad) and upsampled there?

I thought that the Spotify connect within the ADS was receiving the music stream direct rather than through the pad, in which case, any upsampling would have to be in the ADS or at the Spotify end? 

It would be at the Spotify end. The ADS only does what it's told and play what it's given. It is to do with the Connect protocol as far as I remember.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yoda1 said:

In Konfig check,

image.png.934404a76c1a93513d8553dd5b709dab.png

From memory the locked integration package provided by Spotify does not state the audio quality and will always decode output in the same format to the Linn DS.

I did set to high output when I set this up and noted that it was 320kbps. The settings on Spotify itself also say that High is 320.   It just seems very odd that the ADS is reporting a stream of 1411kbps.  

You get the same anomaly if you use songcast - it will show up on your DS as 16 bit 48Khz irrespective of the source bit rate be that 128bps or 24/96 from the Tidal app