Mr.Ian

FS: John Wood Audio - KT88 Mono Blocks -100 wpc

I really thought these were keepers - my last ever buy but money is getting tight these days, and a newer car is needed.

These were custom built for me by John Wood, (John Wood Audio) as a mirror image pair.   They are in immaculate condition and come with Gold Lion reissue valves, an upgrade on the orginal fitment Sovtek KT88.  The only flaw is some discolouration to one of the input valve covers which I am sure John would swap out if asked. 

John gives a life time warranty on his amps and I can honestly say his after sales service has been exemplary.  He has never charged me labour for revalving, it has always been a while I wait service and he has always been most accomodating with times.

These are hand built (including the transformers) high end amps that will compete with the very best, which in my books makes them an absolute bargain.

KT88 Power Amps x 2 (£1800 ono)

• AB fixed bias circa 100w per amp
  • 1 RCA input
  • 4ohm and 8 ohm speaker taps
  • Power switch
  • 1 x JJ ECC81
  • 1 x USSR military spec 1970s NOS 6H8C (6SN7 alternative recommended by JW)
  • 2 x matched Gold Lion Reissue KT88
  • Serviced, checked, revalved and biased in November 2018 - 6H8C and GL KT88 fitted
  • these amps were built as a mirror image pair
  • designed to fit on half a standard hifi shelf
  • W18cm x L38cm (42cm inc speaker terminals) x H22cm
  • 19kg each

Payment: Cash on collection, BT or PPG.  (BT or PPG can be completed during the handover if preferred)

Collected from close to M1 motorway Junction 27/28 area - North Nottinghamshire)
or possible half way meet up or hand over at the Wam Show

(These didn’t come with any packaging or mains cables for that matter so shipping isnt possible.)

Edited by Mr.Ian
tidying up thread removing sold pre amp

I love the look of these. I must stop browsing the classifieds until I have some disposable income...

Good luck with the sale

• Like 1

As an owner of a John Wood integrated I know whoever ends up with these is in for a real treat , good luck with the sale 

Super Wammer

Very nice, collected from where?

They look beautiful. I am after one of JW's phono stages when I have the money available.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Had several people asking for more information on John Wood Audio.   Surprised me really because I thought virtually all forum readers would have heard about John Wood Audio.

At a risk of sounding like  a fanboy I think I can honestly say that most people who have owned John Wood's amps reckon they are the best they have heard/owned.   They are hand built, including the transformers,  by John in Nottingham.  Build quality is exemplary although the looks might be a tad funactional.  You will note for example on the power amps how the transformers are set at 90 degrees to maximise performance.  What you cant see is the other 2 transformers inside each power amp and the super neat and tidy wiring. 

Power amps
Forum seaches,  Wam, Aos, PfM etc will bring up several rave reviews on the power amps.

Pre amp
John told me he developed the pre amps after the power amps when he couldnt find a pre that did justice to his power amps.   The early versions used valve recrifiers but John, as I believe Glenn Croft has too, later discovered that SS rectification worked better.

The pre amp on offer here is a later version with SS rectification,  it is low gain.  

The only thread I can find on the pre amp is at

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/110540-john-wood-audio-preamp/