batteredhaggis

FS Luxman DA-06 DAC

Super Wammer

For sale, about 20 months old, first owner. £4000 new, unmarked as new condition. Boxed. Delicious sound. NOW £2250.

Post can be arranged at buyer's expense and risk, or collect from East Sussex.

Edit: To clarify one query, this is a genuine UK 230V version, not a grey import.

Luxman DA-06.png

Edited by batteredhaggis
Price reduction
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Bump, price reduced 

ooh wonder whats replacing this, you have always said how good it is 

Super Wammer

Luxehomme encore, naturellement. 

Super Wammer

Price reduction - now £2300

Haven't read a bad word about the DA-06 and these rarely come up for sale, especially the proper 230V model.

If I hadn't just spunked my savings on new speakers, I'd be all over this. Would love to see what it does with my Luxman amp.

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Jamie brought this to one of my bake-offs about a year ago and it totally transformed the sound of an EAR Acute mk1 CDP, and it sounded bloody good before being plumbed into this DAC. It really is a phenominal piece of kit. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Not sure Ian would agree about the EAR John but there's perhaps something in common between them. The Luxman has a similarly-unforced presentation and is totally devoid of digital nastiness. Both the EAR and the Luxman have plenty of dynamics though - neither are remotely 'pipe and slippers'.

1 hour ago, batteredhaggis said:

Not sure Ian would agree about the EAR John but there's perhaps something in common between them. The Luxman has a similarly-unforced presentation and is totally devoid of digital nastiness. Both the EAR and the Luxman have plenty of dynamics though - neither are remotely 'pipe and slippers'.

I also concur, really loved the sound of this made my Eximus dp1 sound harsh and dull , I hassled Jamie to sell me it for a a while afterwards, typical it comes up for sale after a massive downgrading of my system and lack of mullah otherwise I would not think twice.

In my experience with DACs (which is limited in that I haven't tried a decent Chord or a DCS say) it's important to have a good power cable, good fuse in it (if at all) and decent interconnects. Async seems to me to be just fine - Also then drive it with USB 2 (perhaps isolated?) and of course source is important. I tried 'replacing' my silver RCA with really good XLR - I prefer the RCA!

I wish more specs of DACs would list the voltage output (I know it varies but the RMS or something?)

Good luck with your sale :) Looks lovely. Does it have a remote? :)

Super Wammer

Naveen, the specs are on page 15 of the manual:

https://onahighernote.com/oahn/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DA_06_eng_AG00987E05A_press_130425.pdf

Unbalanced 2.5Vrms/300Ω

Balanced 2.5Vrms/600Ω

It doesn't have any remote capability.

• Like 1

I’ve had a DA-06 for a few years now and its an absolutely tremendous DAC. Was super expensive over here at full retail so it didn’t get the distribution and recognition it deserved but it really is a battleship of a DAC that’s right at the upper echelons of DAC design. Good luck with the sale OP :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Bump

Super Wammer

*Watches the moths fluttering out of his wallet and sighs