AnilS

Moped theives - About time!

1 minute ago, AnilS said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gotcha-dramatic-footage-reveals-met-polices-new-hardline-war-on-londons-violent-moped-gangs-a3998141.html

Good.

Not long before civil libertarians will be along to argue the point.

'Thieves' knocked off mopeds by police in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46321715

:pop:

Edited by jkbmusic

Too lenient, cops should run them down then reverse over these scumbags.

6 hours ago, DougK said:

Too lenient, cops should run them down then reverse over these scumbags.

Back to reality.

This tactic is great but only if applied in a controlled way by skilled police drivers and none of the scum are seriously injured. There will be an army of solicitor scum waiting to take the front line officers to court and line their pockets. And the criminal scum will automatically be allowed compensation because ... reasons.

This needs to be carefully controlled and supported by the senior police management, politicians and the legal system. Don't hold your breath.

10 hours ago, mickbald said:

This needs to be carefully controlled and supported by the senior police management, politicians and the legal system. Don't hold your breath.

One yes, two yes (great vote winner, our local MP has never been more popular since being bricked by youth on a ‘ped). Three no. The legal system needs to have been involved at the advisory stage making the decision to do this and at the training planning stage. Their work is done. All they need do now is be seen to be impartial to ensure Police remain within their remit. 

10 hours ago, Cable Monkey said:
11 hours ago, Cable Monkey said:

One yes, two yes (great vote winner, our local MP has never been more popular since being bricked by youth on a ‘ped). Three no. The legal system needs to have been involved at the advisory stage making the decision to do this and at the training planning stage. Their work is done. All they need do now is be seen to be impartial to ensure Police remain within their remit. 

With regard  to point three. I meant those who make the laws and set the guidelines the judges / magistrates should adhere to. The Police need protection against ambulance chasers and compensation scammers. Front line police need to kow their backs are covered as long as thet within the guidelines. 

I like this bowling ball strategy.

On 24/11/2018 at 11:38, jkbmusic said:

Not long before civil libertarians will be along to argue the point.

'Thieves' knocked off mopeds by police in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46321715

:pop:

No. If they do, they misunderstand things.

I'm all for civil liberties and there has been much harm done against them in terms of law, public policy and individual freedom in recent years. Also, around the world but not particularly here, there is a problem with police arrogance, dishonesty and brutality. I'm all for combating these ills and I'm all for civil liberties.

But here, we have an example of force to counter force. The cnuts on the mopeds, chose the path of aggression. I have absolutely no problem with using force to counter that. I also have no problem with, for example, an armed robber being blasted in the face by police shotgun rather than take further risks. No problem with that at all. 

Knocking violent bandits off the vehicles they use for quick surprise and very effective subsequent evasion, is NOT a breach of civil liberties. 

Happy bumping I say ! 

Edited by Cloth-Ears.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

In fact, not only would it be satisying to see them knocked to the ground, it would enormously funny to see them thwack into a metal pole, that goes, 'dink' with the impact.

I believe the soft lawyers may regard death as a bit of a punishment for stealing a ladies handbag.....

8 minutes ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

If I was Commisioner Cloth-Ears, I'd have a squad of chimpanzees going round in a Transit, to 1) get out and knock the rider off with their feet and 2 ) pull him apart.

I'm in! And I have a clean driving licence....