coco

Pair of ProAc Studio 125's in Burr Yew/ Sold !

I have a pair of Studio 125's I've owned since new. I have boxes and all packaging, mint condition, beautiful amber colour now. Bookmatched Burr Yew with same flat spiked stands.

Reason for sale, my hearing not what it was so selling all my hifi. Was running them through a Denon PMA920 amp, but its got a few dirty pots and switches though lack of use. Think they were £2k ish special order when I got them.

Willing to let courier pick them up, but that is at your risk !!!! in original boxes and packing should be fine, but down to you.

Location in Glasgow if you wish to collect at a price of £600 just for the speakers.

pro.jpg

pr05.jpg

pro 1.jpg

pro2.jpg

pro3.jpg

pro4.jpg

Edited by coco
sold
  • Like 1

They look beautiful and would be just the ticket. Hoping for a decent sale price on my 2 pairs of Castle Harlechs.....:nerves:

(shameless plug)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153266899249

Edited by sidsmut

Super Wammer

125's were my first "real" speakers and the first of four pairs of ProAcs I have and owned (and still do). I replaced mine with Studio 140 Mk1 for stronger bass but it didn't take me long to realise that I'd made a mistake... and was generally listrening to music less often!

Lovely speakers and I still have particularly fond memories of how they were able to handle vocals, guitar, etc. These look rather special.

Good luck with your sale.

Super Wammer

Yes , my first intro to proac and very enjoyable speaker. Sold mine a few months back  

• Like 1

A lovely finish on these Sir. GLTWTS.

Thank you for the comments, still for sale. As a furniture maker myself I am super impressed by the quality of bookmatching the veneers are ! They are a beautiful items to look at never mind the quality of the sound they produce. I'd rather keep them than reduce the price, so bare that in mind if thinking of buying.

Sold to Nigel who has just picked them up :D

Think Nigel was very happy with what he got, like new even though almost 20 years old...

Thanks for the comments, interest and the site for letting me post them for sale...

Edited by coco

Super Wammer

Enters stage left, sheepishly... Ahem, yes, er no, I don't need them, er, ooh is that the time?

Well, Glasgae is only 2.5 hours from Kendal and the srong crosswinds weren't that bad.

125's nestled alongside D30RS for a workout. I'm not sure the tweeters are as tight as mine were on my first pair 20 years ago but this is probably a combination of nostalgia and ferrofluid - and £50 in the direction of Falcon Acoustics will sort the latter (there is no known cure for the former).

The bass! Gosh, I'd thought mine were bass light but these have oodles of bass. Not as tight or low as the D30RS but seriously impressive.

Overall, nice to listen to and gorgeous to look at. Very pleased.

Here they are alongside their big brothers. No, I've no idea what is going to live where; for now, the little un's are going in the partial system 3 in bedroom 1...

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1