plasticpenguin

Southgate appreciation

Super Wammer

I am sorry that I never mentioned Popov as he deserves support and praise for trying to do something to change the situation . His actions and attempts to stop what was happening is in stark contrast to his coach who frankly should be removed from his position .

It was a sweet and sour evening with the England match.

Sour:

The booing of Joe Gomez was appalling. Regardless of whether you agree with Southgate's decision or not doesn't justify the booing. That section of the crowd should hang their collective heads in shame. I would guess if the tables were turned they would have booed Sterling. That's the fickle nature of the modern football supporter. Morons!

Sweet:

Kane's consecutive hat trick. Oxlaide-Chamberlain's goal was brilliant. If fact it was a complete performance by all involved.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 10:31, awkwardbydesign said:

Indeed.  If they had to boo (which they didn't) then Southgate is the one.  But I rather admire his stand on this, despite being a City supporter.

Absolutely.

All that nonsense aside, the performance was inspiring.

Super Wammer

As we do not know what the full reasons for the argument were it is impossible to judge who was at fault. Southgate has seemed to indicate the Joe Gomez was the innocent party and Sterling seems to have admitted it was his issue not the other way round. Given that the booing is pretty strange , but then Ster.ing was getting boo's before and just after the World Cup as many seemed to blame him for Englands failure to get to the final . Think there was one or two other players in that squad who were more culpable and Sterling seemed to be playing to given instructions . Those so called fans are not that bright and the good thing for Gomez is they will have someone esle to target in another few months and will forget about him .