Such a shame these things will be so expensive as all things Linn are today. I'm sure this one will more properly take over where the still good Basik Plus left off (and maybe a nice original Akito that hasn't been 'knurdled' on the pillar ;) )

P.S. I set up an original Basik Plus not long ago and as this hadn't been messed with, the counterweight insert was still 'tubular' but I admit I'd have liked a bit more 'grip' from the counterweight when setting balance and downforce - it wasn't free spinning though as some I did many years ago. This one hadn't been abused ever, everything was still 'tight' and clean pillar with only a faint locking mark. Still sounds good with mid price AT cartridges and a Sumiko Pearl didn't sound too dull and heavy handed either, which surprised me a bit...

Edited by DSJR

Any formal news (4th December has passed)?

I note here in Aus there is some news (but no price): https://www.stereo.net.au/news/linns-2019-majik-lp12-turntable

Haven't seen any elsewhere though (including Linn's own tonearm page).  Maybe they just wrote the article based on this thread!!!!

Take a look at https://www.linn.co.uk/sources/turntables/complete#majik-lp12

The news is: Majik LP12 now comes with better tonearm but the price should be exactly the same (in Europe).

• Like 1

The price of the Majik LP12 with the new arm is the same in the US as the previous version, too.  I believe it is the same elsewhere.  Linn has not given us an official price on the arm itself yet as they don't plan to make it available separately until Spring next year.  I expect that all of the original production run(s) are earmarked for Majik LP12s, especially with the Majik LP12/Majik DSM promo running into January that saves the customer over $1000 US on the combo.

I have a new Majik LP12 on order for demo and am hoping to get my hands on it next week. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThomasOK said:

The price of the Majik LP12 with the new arm is the same in the US as the previous version, too.  I believe it is the same elsewhere.  Linn has not given us an official price on the arm itself yet as they don't plan to make it available separately until Spring next year.  I expect that all of the original production run(s) are earmarked for Majik LP12s, especially with the Majik LP12/Majik DSM promo running into January that saves the customer over $1000 US on the combo.

I have a new Majik LP12 on order for demo and am hoping to get my hands on it next week. 

We await your candid impression of the new tonearm.