Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

radiant red

Kralk Audio TDB-8

39 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I'm thinking of upgrading my TDB-2's to TDB-6's but my room is so small (2.5M x 3.25M, sloped ceiling), that I am really worried by being swamped with bass :/

As you can see, it's all rather "near field" listening, which sounds excellent as is -

IMG_20190217_124556.thumb.jpg.43d55437ddd2c52dde770f848801321d.jpg

The speaker does actually fire beside the record rack, not at it :D

Is there something that you don’t like about tdb-2 presentation in your room? Not enough bass?

Edited by mentt

9 minutes ago, mentt said:

Is there something that you don’t like about tdb-2 presentation in your room? Not enough bass?

No, there's nothing at all I dislike.

In fact, I absolutely rate them but aren't we always looking for better ?

Just now, Idlewithnodrive said:

No, there's nothing at all I dislike.

In fact, I absolutely rate them but aren't we always looking for better ?

Yes, we always looking for better, but not always end up with better

5 minutes ago, mentt said:

Yes, we always looking for better, but not always end up with better

Very true, hence I'm not sure about taking the gamble :D

50 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I'm thinking of upgrading my TDB-2's to TDB-6's but my room is so small (2.5M x 3.25M, sloped ceiling), that I am really worried by being swamped with bass :/

As you can see, it's all rather "near field" listening, which sounds excellent as is -

Mike, if I was a betting man, which I’m not, I would say your looking for the same but more?

ive heard some quite large focal standmounts with a Krell KSA50 in a room of similar size and it was all about control at all levels.. 

I think the 8’s would be a tad big in there but either the 4’s or 6’s might be worth considering on the right stands.. it seems the Kralks I have are not that fussy on being placed in corners or near walls but I am sure that the plasterboard you have in there might have a bearing on direction 

dont foget, if you go for the 6’s and they don’t work out, you could always go for the 4’s or at least your money back.

maybe I was a bit hard on Alan when I waited a bit longer but it was purely I had arranged someone to be home when they didn’t arrive but in every other respect, it’s been great.

1 minute ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Very true, hence I'm not sure about taking the gamble :D

I would write Alan and ask him for his opinion. Also Kralk audio has return policy I think so you could send them back if needed...

36 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Mike, if I was a betting man, which I’m not, I would say your looking for the same but more?

I am indeed.

maybe I was a bit hard on Alan when I waited a bit longer but it was purely I had arranged someone to be home when they didn’t arrive but in every other respect, it’s been great.

I found Alan really great when I bought the TDB-2's, so no concerns at all that way on.

I think I'll probably just go for them and see :D

2 hours ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I am indeed.

I found Alan really great when I bought the TDB-2's, so no concerns at all that way on.

I think I'll probably just go for them and see :D

👍🏻 Soon we will need a Kralk owners club in the forum 

20 minutes ago, radiant red said:

👍🏻 Soon we will need a Kralk owners club in the forum 

Indeed ! There's a few of us :)

1 hour ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Indeed ! There's a few of us :)

I’ll start it 👍🏻

Ive been running mine again this afternoon because I’ve been away this weekend and they are still improving. The upper midrange and treble are slowly becoming more textured in the sound.

Maybe @mentt May wish to contribute his photos  on the owners club too 👍🏻

Maybe @mentt May wish to contribute his photos  on the owners club too 👍🏻

Sure why not