Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

radiant red

Kralk Audio TDB-8

After seeing @Idlewithnodrive’s TDB 2 speakers on bits and bobs, I went to the website for Kralk Audio and was pretty impressed at what I saw for the money and contacted the owner, Alan and had a lengthy chat about his hand built brand and I am contemplating the TDB-8 speakers for my second system which will be in a dedicated room and with an ikea theme and will probably have the speakers in yellow (yes, mad) but like the fact he will taylor your speakers to what you want.

Trouble is, it’s almost impossible to hear them before but he does offer a limited time return if you buy and don’t like and has offered me oak (std) and return if I like and will build yellow if I want. 

Love the ethos of his business but I am wondering if anyone has heard the speakers at events up north?

My new room will be about 9’ x10’ and lightly furnished in the ikea way with carpet and a big rug! Amp will probably be my Rega Elex-R

FC3394C1-B143-4E7D-B3BA-6F9AC74A5F28.jpeg

Edited by radiant red

I heard them at a show 4/5 years back not too long after launch the original BC30 I think. From memory, they were about £5-600 at the time. Very impressed and imo great value for money.

Super Wammer

at one show recently , all folks could talk about was the Kralk speakers at such an amazing price and vfm 

Heard Alans stuff many times, he's a great bloke too and all the stuff is built by him, much recommended.

I hear nothing but positive things... worse case, buy a pair and if I don’t like them, I can return at a cost of postage. I know he comes and sits them up if they are over £800 but the TDB 10s will be just too big so the 8’s would be my choice for my room size and music taste 

Having read the reviews it would appear that this guy has an aim with each loudspeaker.  It would appear they are not your typical hifi loudspeaker.  However, in the end you have to get your ears around them to determine if they are what your ears want.

The only thing else to consider is if you buy second hand a whole world opens up to you from the likes of PMC, Proac, Revel, etc.  I also noticed a pair of Klipsch RP260F reduced from a grand to £799 (see the review in this months Hifiworld).

Good luck in your quest but make sure you get your ears around as many as you can and try to determine what sound you are looking for and which speakers fit your requirements.

34 minutes ago, uzzy said:

Good luck in your quest but make sure you get your ears around as many as you can and try to determine what sound you are looking for and which speakers fit your requirements.

I have NEVER purchased speakers without listening to them first, hence the post. But the option to return is appealing for the sake of £15.

the sound ultimately is the Harbeth sound but that will be reserved for the main system.. I’m not expecting these to be at that level but they can be taylored on colour as I mentioned.

ive heard a few Klipsch in my time and I’m not wanting my ears to bleed lol. 

A fulsome bass, dynamic midrange and a sweet but not bright top end is where I want to be

22 minutes ago, mr.me said:

Did you ever get the Kralk speakers? If so what was your opinion.

Funny enough, they are imminent and will share my findings when I have them 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

Hi radiant...I love the idea of anything custom made for a singular client or purpose. If I didn't like the sound, I would still put it on display, and have my pride swell, everytime I sighted them :D

Just go for them  :)

• Like 1

You won't be disappointed :^ :love:

1 minute ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

You won't be disappointed :^ :love:

Alan has been unwell so I’ve had to wait a little longer. Will put up photos and findings when sorted 

Kralk Audio TDB-6. Truly impressive speakers. Very addictive and detailed sound . Bass is exceptionally controlled and hard hitting. Also very fast sounding speakers.Timing is impressive and these speakers can portrait emotions in music very very well. Personally I would take TDB-6 over Harbeth 30.1, monitor audio gold 100, ATC scm19 and Buchardt s400. But as always demo first before you buy.

All my music sound exceptional on them . I am getting feeling that I will like them more than my main speakers(Spendor D9). There is something special about tdb-6, very addictive sound
Excellent match for my pass labs xa25

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mentt said:

Kralk Audio TDB-6. Truly impressive speakers. Very addictive and detailed sound . Bass is exceptionally controlled and hard hitting. Also very fast sounding speakers.Timing is impressive and these speakers can portrait emotions in music very very well. Personally I would take TDB-6 over Harbeth 30.1, monitor audio gold 100, ATC scm19 and Buchardt s400. But as always demo first before you buy.

All my music sound exceptional on them . I am getting feeling that I will like them more than my main speakers(Spendor D9). There is something special about tdb-6, very addictive sound
Excellent match for my pass labs xa25

That’s a very interesting and bold statement regarding some serious speakers especially the Harbeths but if you rate the Kralks that much then I’m itching to compare my 8s to my Rega RX-3s as the Regas have really come on song recently and defy their cabinet size with the power and control they have..

Anyway, buying these Kralks direct I suppose does save the regular dealer margins so I’m expecting something special 

That is quite a statement indeed!:)