Cloth-Ears.

Cheap shredders and how annoying they are

1 hour ago, jkbmusic said:

Think laterally, and use a fire 🚒🔥.

One might laugh, but for work, Anne and I both need to properly dispose of paperwork. Bloody shredders are useless. Constantly clogging up and packing up.

We bought one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Garden-Furnaces/CrazyGadget-Galvanised-Incinerator-Burning-Special/B01N5GMJQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1541692636&sr=8-4&keywords=incinerator+garden+bins

Lovely it is. Plus we can add some of the leaves and the rest of the crap as well.

We don't have enough space here for a proper bonfire, but this makes up for it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rabski said:

One might laugh, but for work, Anne and I both need to properly dispose of paperwork. Bloody shredders are useless. Constantly clogging up and packing up.

We bought one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Garden-Furnaces/CrazyGadget-Galvanised-Incinerator-Burning-Special/B01N5GMJQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1541692636&sr=8-4&keywords=incinerator+garden+bins

Lovely it is. Plus we can add some of the leaves and the rest of the crap as well.

We don't have enough space here for a proper bonfire, but this makes up for it.

Perfect appliance for barbecuing a cat...

1 minute ago, Tony_J said:

Perfect appliance for barbecuing a cat...

Tru dat.

I have a Fellowes shredder thing here, its current model replacement seems to cost about £400.00  I thought it was expensive when we bought it, but that was 20 something years ago. You seem to have choice, spend a bloody fortune, or sit and shred v-e-r-y  v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-e-y

We spent about £70 on an office one after the cheapo one packed up. It is better in terms of capacity and running time.

I always have loads of paper to shred so I just do five minutes a day and that clears it. The worst thing is emptying the shredded paper into a bloody bin bag and trying not to get it all over the floor. The bins that come with them are nowhere near big enough.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ordered me a £65 Fellows. Still cheap as shredders can go to, but I think a good bit better than what I've got - and new, plus this time I'm going to maintain it with the oil/lube sheets. Everything put aside now and floor cleared up and feeling a notch more sane because of it. I chose my model by reading through www.Shredderwigwam.com   I do like to make use of forums to help make my choice of products. Another one used recently is www.shithousepapersubjectivist.org

2 hours ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

Image result for tesco aloe vera andrex

www.shitehousepapersubjectivist.org  sorted out the best one for me from a bewildering array of choice.

Aloe Vera and Chamomile - very kind to your botty, especially after overdoing the curries.

Warning :  flush, do not shred

Arse you aware that the packaging sports a Canine as its advertisement hook or are you going soft Cloth? 

Just ask Banksy about cheap shredders and how annoying they are :whistle:

Been using this Fellowes Powershred 60C and what a difference over your basic bargain bin crap ! Sailed through the pile, no over-heats, stops, jams. It was quiet too. £65. Highly recommend this. John Lewis sell it. 

What a relief !

Should anyone be needing a shredder for home/lite business use, I can tell you this one is a good solution.

https://www.fellowes.com/row/en/Products/Pages/product-details.aspx?prod=FT-4606101

:cs:

funny-animals-193.jpg

• Haha 1

For he's a jolly good Fellowes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1