Happy Listener

What companies, out of Business, did you LOVE???

Just now, SCIDB said:

Hi,

It was. It is now a Turkish owned company.

And now we have nonsense like Grundig washing machines.

The reasonably helpful but probably unintentionally intimidating po-faced bloke in Lintone Audio said the Rega 3 had more 'attack' than the Walker CJ55 turntable.
The Rega was on a 1 year waiting list because they were hyped by Popular Hifi so the Walker was bought. How good it was too.:^

John Shearne

Inca Tech

Exposure

3 great Amp manufacturers

Edited by Idlewithnodrive

Super Wammer

Walker are still going but they only produce the incredibly expensive Proscenium turntable now.

https://walkeraudio.com/

Anyone so far mentioned Dynatron? (sorry far too lazy to scroll back five pages). Essentially a cabinet maker which disappeared towards the end of the 80s, some of their more expensive kit was actually quite good, such as the HFC1xx range of turntable receivers (aka 'radio grams') with Dynatron-branded GL75 / GL78 turntables. Cheaper models used Garrard SP25s. I could never figure out whether the electronics inside were bought-in off-the-shelf kits or whether they were designed and built in house, but I know the 1950s Dynatron branded LF13/14/15 valve amplifiers still go for 'HOW BLOODY MUCH?!?!' on eBay.

7 minutes ago, BillShatnersToupee said:

Anyone so far mentioned Dynatron? (sorry far too lazy to scroll back five pages). Essentially a cabinet maker which disappeared towards the end of the 80s, some of their more expensive kit was actually quite good, such as the HFC1xx range of turntable receivers (aka 'radio grams') with Dynatron-branded GL75 / GL78 turntables. Cheaper models used Garrard SP25s. I could never figure out whether the electronics inside were bought-in off-the-shelf kits or whether they were designed and built in house, but I know the 1950s Dynatron branded LF13/14/15 valve amplifiers still go for 'HOW BLOODY MUCH?!?!' on eBay.

Photo and mentioned on page three, half way up, if its not too much trouble :whistle:.

• Haha 1

Walker are still going but they only produce the incredibly expensive Proscenium turntable now.
https://walkeraudio.com/

Different company.

2 hours ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

John Shearne

Inca Tech

Exposure

3 great Amp manufacturers

Exposure are still around, though no longer Naim-like. 

18 hours ago, Von Krolock said:

The reasonably helpful but probably unintentionally intimidating po-faced bloke in Lintone Audio said the Rega 3 had more 'attack' than the Walker CJ55 turntable.
The Rega was on a 1 year waiting list because they were hyped by Popular Hifi so the Walker was bought. How good it was too.:^

Yep, I had a gorgeous CJ55 / LVX bought from Chichester Hi-fi (based in Little London and run by a lovely guy called Rob Shingles).

Mine was a bit of a one-off being a very dark, high-gloss stain or varnish and looked very classy with it’s LV-X arm and Nagaoka MP11 Boron.

One of my favourite TTs ever. A colleague bought the Manticore Manta (same shop) around the same time but I preferred the CJ Walker.

• Like 1

EC Audio. -  Finestra Pre Amp and Lectern Power amps.

Nakamichi

Rogers speakers. Still going I think but not as we know it.

Edited by Hap Hazzard