MickyP

Balanced v unbalanced

Dealer

Well good for him, so he is not a band wagon jumper. So what is everyone elses excuse.

Dealer
18 minutes ago, rabski said:

I feel racks are quite important, because without them, I'd have all my gear spread over the floor. Anne would be less than happy with that arrangement and it would be hard to change an LP when standing on a tube amp.

2wcfomf.jpg

2 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

2wcfomf.jpg

Thats the very thing for our living room. Well give it 10 minutes it would be my living room as everybody else would have run away screaming.

• Haha 1

Dealer
6 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

2wcfomf.jpg

Competition - name the TT and arms as seen.

26 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

Troll - good bait on the hook but wrong river.

Richard Dunn said  Well good for him, so he is not a band wagon jumper. So what is everyone elses excuse.

Richard you do make me smile - one might consider "so what is everyone else's excuse" as falling into the same category of bait and hook you quoted a bet earlier .. 

I always thought I was on the blunt side (I had a sign behind my desk at work put up by my staff saying " some people have tact - Uzzy tells the truth" but over the years I did realise that sometimes that approach did little to influence people.  I do feel much better now though seeing someone take that to an even higher level :clout:

As to the question on turntables - can you post again with a higher resolution picture and is that a turntable on the middle of the bottom shelf?  Is the tie breaker identifying the LPs in the rack lol 

Edited by uzzy
  • Upvote 1

Dealer

I'll go first with the two in front of them Garrard 301 and AT 1005mk2 Bottom front Grey arm, looks original but as this is Japan could be a NEAT clone, my guess is a neat broadcast TT as well.

Just now, Richard Dunn said:

I'll go first with the two in front of them Garrard 301 and AT 1005mk2 Bottom front Grey arm, looks original but as this is Japan could be a NEAT clone, my guess is a neat broadcast TT as well.

:ot:

Dealer
3 minutes ago, uzzy said:

Richard Dunn said  Well good for him, so he is not a band wagon jumper. So what is everyone elses excuse.

Richard you do make me smile - one might consider "so what is everyone else's excuse" as falling into the same category of bait and hook you quoted a bet earlier .. 

I always thought I was on the blunt side (I had a sign behind my desk at work put up by my staff saying " some people have tact - Uzzy tells the truth" but over the years I did realise that sometimes that approach did little to influence people.  I do feel much better now though seeing someone take that to an even higher level :clout:

Its on topic. Thanks for the compliment.

Trouble is there is often more than one version of the truth. In a lot of cases its the truth as I see it.

• Upvote 1

Dealer
3 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

Trouble is there is often more than one version of the truth. In a lot of cases its the truth as I see it.

In this case not true as it comes from experience, if there was doubt I would say so, as with Mr Pass so I accept it is the case. If I am proved wrong I apologise, but on these subjects people have been trying for about 5 years - no coconut, but no apology of course. Variance - racks as hi-fi neccesity = wrong, racks as furniture you choose to have = right. The other two no excuse.

2 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

But the circuits they are connecting are single ended so how can there be an advantage - it is just marketing, a way to convince you, sell to you - "look I am clever and different".

This is exactly my point, my system is fully balanced from source to power amp and everything in between including the Dac, why would I use anything other than balanced XLR interconnects.

I think Electrocompaniet started making all their equipment fully balanced from input to output when several recording studio's started using Electrocompaniet power amps in the studio especially with the large B&W and Westlake speakers,  they carried on making them that way because it's simply better.

Edited by Electro

Just now, Danielquinn said:

Yep. But in a domestic environment it deosnt effect the sound

I disagree . :)

• Like 1