Tendaberry

Cannot access new Linn SO

Thanks - to both Davids.  A project for later.  I do have a new Netgear AC1750 somewhere.  I even know the passwords! Trouble is everything else works just fine.  A project for if we have some snow....

donuk beautiful downtown York

Guys, I just read the last page. Are you saying that when using v2 your DSM is dropping out when playing music from a NAS on your LAN, or are you taking about changing SO settings? This would make me never use SO v2 as my LAN/WAN is often saturated. Does v2 need internet connectivity to play locally stored music?

Hi Jail.....

No, ADS plays music fine.  Internet connection is needed to adjust Space 2 settings, which I understand are kept in Cloud.  Not a vital or everyday feature.

Donuk beautiful downtown York

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Donuk said:

.... Internet connection is needed to adjust Space 2 settings, which I understand are kept in Cloud.  Not a vital or everyday feature.

The data needed to use the SO settings (the calculated profile) is stored in the DS/DSM. The room data and other settings are stored on the Linn server, which also calculates the settings downloaded to the device. So, as you say, no internet connection is required to play local media. I still think that the very different experiences have in accessing SO v2 are most likely to result from the different characteristics of local networks. But the quality of internet connections (where, again, much of the variability is in local conditions) may also be a factor.

David

1 hour ago, Donuk said:

Internet connection is needed to adjust Space 2 settings, which I understand are kept in Cloud.  Not a vital or everyday feature.

It became vital for me over the weekend, well as vital as can be for a sound system. When I'm going to have a serious listening session I turn off HDMI in my ADSM. I did this through the online Linn Account page. After a couple of hours, I went to turn HDMI back on but the site would not load. Other web sites were fine. I thought, no problem I can just use Konfig. To my shock, the HDMI on/off setting was not there - when did that disappear? 

Sorry dear I can't get the sound to work for your Netflix show just now... How much did you spend on this silly system!

Luckily, an hour or so later the site was back up!

@Puffin7 HDMI can be turned on or off in the Device page of the Konfig Configuration tab. A little known fact is that this page is actually stored in the DSM; just by pointing your web browser at the IP address of your DSM, you will get and can use the page. One advantage of this is that you can use a tablet (on which you cannot install Konfig) to change DSM device settings.

David

17 hours ago, DavidHB said:

HDMI can be turned on or off in the Device page of the Konfig Configuration tab.

Sure enough. I'm not sure why I was fixated on the HDMI page...

One thing I can say is, that the number of times I've had dropouts when playing vinyl, and the V2 version of Space not being available has definitively dropped since installing the lastest Davaar version. It sounds pretty good too :)

20 minutes ago, Tendaberry said:

installing the lastest Davaar version. It sounds pretty good too

Yes it does. It's weird as to why, but it certainly does.