midband

ebay seller cancels my win

2 hours ago, BeeRay said:

Not really, again you will deter bidders. If you start at say £2,000 not many may bid. If you start at £1,000 you may get much more interest. If only 2 bidders it only takes 1 to drop out. I'm sure you have seen auctions on TV, sometimes people get carried away. Often there are no bids to start with, so the price is dropped right down until someone bids, often the price is soon zooming up past the initial bid price.

Yes that is basically what i was trying to say as i sold my old Yamaha A-S2100 on Ebay about 6 months ago and i remember the guys on what hi fi told me to start my listing at 99p but felt at the time it was too risky to do this unless i put a reserve price on my amp but Ebay charges to do this so for a start i put it on there for £1500 to see what interest i would have which wasn't much  and as the week went on i lowered its price down to £1000 but finished up getting £1200 which i was happy to get but had amount that i wouldn't go below  for the amp .

• Upvote 1

Guest hifiessex

My name is Jack Satchfield and I am the owner of The Audiobarn. I am happy to validate this post if anyone is unsure and would like to call the shop number from our website.

There is some misinformation here that I would like to clarify so that you can all make an informed decision on the eBay situation and a very (understandably) disappointed buyer.

The auction ended at around 8pm last Friday.  We are selling on behalf of a customer who is trading in, hence the pictures being a home environment.  Both he and I were watching the final stages (separately) and noticed the price go higher than £2,000.  Seemed a bit strange but we thought nothing of it until we received a message through eBay from another member complaining that his bid had been removed.  This email has been reviewed by eBay.

I spent over 1hr 30 minutes with eBay yesterday trying to resolve what happened with the auction.  We have emailed ‘blacksabbath25’ and explained what eBay told us.  eBay relisted the speakers on our behalf apologising for the situation.  We have also offered blacksabbath25 gift vouchers to make up for this inconvenience and are happy for him to bid again, we are not trying to stop anyone winning anything at all. If the speakers were to sell for less than the £2,000 price we will honour the sale.

We refunded the buyers money as soon as we realised there was a problem as we felt it unfair to hold onto the money while eBay investigated.  We felt this was fairer?  We emailed blacksabbath25 at the time we cancelled the auction, but in hindsight, we should have waited longer for which I’m sorry.  As someone pointed out we have 115 all positive eBay feedback as well as 165 all 5 star ratings on reviews.co.uk. Customer service is huge to us so I couldn’t help but feel a response on here was necessary.

The speakers are now relisted and selling for £500!  Anyone could win them for much less, but we need there to be no questions around the validity of the bidding, that is right for our customer as he is very important too. Blacksabbath25 we apologise and would love you to take part in the bidding process, we also understand if you choose not to.

Hopefully you can see we haven’t set out to be misleading. Blacksabbath25, we apologise profusely and can understand your frustration, the vouchers are still valid if you can accept our apology on this matter.

Regards

Jack

4 minutes ago, hifiessex said:

My name is Jack Satchfield and I am the owner of The Audiobarn. I am happy to validate this post if anyone is unsure and would like to call the shop number from our website.

There is some misinformation here that I would like to clarify so that you can all make an informed decision on the eBay situation and a very (understandably) disappointed buyer.

The auction ended at around 8pm last Friday.  We are selling on behalf of a customer who is trading in, hence the pictures being a home environment.  Both he and I were watching the final stages (separately) and noticed the price go higher than £2,000.  Seemed a bit strange but we thought nothing of it until we received a message through eBay from another member complaining that his bid had been removed.  This email has been reviewed by eBay.

I spent over 1hr 30 minutes with eBay yesterday trying to resolve what happened with the auction.  We have emailed ‘blacksabbath25’ and explained what eBay told us.  eBay relisted the speakers on our behalf apologising for the situation.  We have also offered blacksabbath25 gift vouchers to make up for this inconvenience and are happy for him to bid again, we are not trying to stop anyone winning anything at all. If the speakers were to sell for less than the £2,000 price we will honour the sale.

We refunded the buyers money as soon as we realised there was a problem as we felt it unfair to hold onto the money while eBay investigated.  We felt this was fairer?  We emailed blacksabbath25 at the time we cancelled the auction, but in hindsight, we should have waited longer for which I’m sorry.  As someone pointed out we have 115 all positive eBay feedback as well as 165 all 5 star ratings on reviews.co.uk. Customer service is huge to us so I couldn’t help but feel a response on here was necessary.

The speakers are now relisted and selling for £500!  Anyone could win them for much less, but we need there to be no questions around the validity of the bidding, that is right for our customer as he is very important too. Blacksabbath25 we apologise and would love you to take part in the bidding process, we also understand if you choose not to.

Hopefully you can see we haven’t set out to be misleading. Blacksabbath25, we apologise profusely and can understand your frustration, the vouchers are still valid if you can accept our apology on this matter.

Regards

Jack

why is my user name being used for in this ?

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

I was wondering the same :$

5 minutes ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

It is quite good of Hifiessex to reply, but it might have been a little sensible to look at the poster who made the original comment.

Guest hifiessex

My apologies Blacksabbath25, I meant Midband! 

Jack

I must say find it a little confusing that you go into great detail about how you have emailed someone and offered compensation, but seem unclear as to exactly who you have emailed.

In view of all that is going on and potentially involved, I have to lock this. I suggest any further details etc. are conducted by PM.

• Upvote 1