dudywoxer

what serversoftware are you using

The Explorer does the full MQA decode. 

Hi folks.

This is my first post and I would have to agree with the Alex 54 about MinimServer, to my mind its flexibility and reliability make it by far the best UPNP server. the only things that let it down is the rather dense documentation and unfriendly user interface. As a software developer (songkong tagger) I have found this to be the only UPNP server that can properly use available metadata, but what i would like to see are some better control points.

Edited by Paul Taylor
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paul Taylor said:

Hi folks.

This is my first post and I would have to agree with the Alex 54 about MinimServer, to my mind its flexibility and reliability make it by far the best UPNP server. the only things that let it down is the rather dense documentation and unfriendly user interface. As a software developer (songkong tagger) I have found this to be the only UPNP server that can properly use available metadata, but what i would like to see are some better control points.

I'm another very happy MinimServer user - It works very well as a DLNA server, especially if you have a lot of classical music in your collection, which doesn't fit the Artist / Album / Song paradigm and completely agree, Paul, about the need for better DLNA control points - particularly for desktop operating systems.

I use iTunes with my music stored on a NAS. I played around with Bit Perfect but can’t get it to work consistently.

I tried Apple Music for a bit, but the sound quality was awful. I cancelled it in disgust when that last Eminem album was released. 

Edited by JunglistJut