plasticpenguin

What radio station are you listening to?

As most from the other side know, I'm a huge radio listener, whether it's via Freeview or FM tuner. My usual stations are:

Radio 2; Radio 6; Solar Radio; Magic; Jazz FM; my local station, Jackie FM...

Currently listening to Jackie FM

Radio 3 almost exclusively either on a technika set top box or a Philips DAB752. FM reception still a work in progress in my new house, but if I get that sorted a Luxman T2, because its beautiful and sounds pretty good too.

I don't listen to any UK stations (other than LBC).

I like trawling through internet radio to discover new stations is the US or elsewhere. There is something I really enjoy about listening in to what is going on in a completely different place.

Every Saturday I listen to a soul show from Louisiana with 'John E Brown the man about town'. Top bloke and top tunes. I also listen to RJR Jamaica quite a bit.

Always welcome new suggestions for good stations too if anyone has any?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NPR Car Talk. Hilarious ...

60D181E6-8465-4A3A-A5F7-42BC8103BFDC.jpeg

Link ... 

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510208/car-talk?t=1539756248174

Edited by chebby

Radio Paradise https://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#

The best radio station in the world :)

And it's ad-free.

You could also try SOMA http://somafm.com/ - they run many ad-free stations of almost any genre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

Radio 2; Radio 6

plus Talksport , I like Ally McCoist usually on twice a week on the early Alan Brazil show . Hawksby and Jacobs at 1pm and Mike Parry whenever he appears.

2 hours ago, JD68 said:

There is something I really enjoy about listening in to what is going on in a completely different place.

Yes I like to do that , I tend to hop about a bit too much , I wish I could settle on something

9 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

plus Talksport , I like Ally McCoist usually on twice a week on the early Alan Brazil show . Hawksby and Jacobs at 1pm and Mike Parry whenever he appears.

I like TalkSport sometimes in the morning. Brazil and Ally or David Seaman are a good listen for half an hour or so. Not that familiar with Hawksby and Jacobs. Avoid Darren Gough and that other ego maniac he shares the show with.

Parry is a has been journo who thinks he knows it all... though I'm sure some of it is for entertainment purposes. In tiny doses he's okay.... about once every 3 months. 

1 minute ago, plasticpenguin said:

Hawksby and Jacobs

Paul Hawksbee (I spelt it wrong) is a comedy writer (Harry Hill , Al Murray) the show is all sport though but witty , Andy Jacobs is his sidekick , they have done the show since the station opened 18 years ago , best show on the station. Yep switch off at 4pm when Adrian Durham appears .

45 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Paul Hawksbee (I spelt it wrong) is a comedy writer (Harry Hill , Al Murray) the show is all sport though but witty , Andy Jacobs is his sidekick , they have done the show since the station opened 18 years ago , best show on the station. Yep switch off at 4pm when Adrian Durham appears .

I have heard H&J on the odd occasion, never knew about his writing resume.

I'm not big on talky stations. Mrs. P listens to the bloody Archers every weekday night at 7pm.  That's enough to choke you off anything.

My radio listening is mainly LBC or Jazz FM .

I have LBC on all day whilst working and only turn it off if James O'Brien goes off on one of his derogatory ridicule the gammon sermons or starts taking the piss out of people he thinks he is superior to and doesn't agree with,  he is a bully sometimes and I hate bullies .

I sometimes listen to Jazz FM but it is not as good as it used to be when it was actually on FM :).

Radio 6 Music and KEXP here. Big fan of KEXP as it's a diverse mix and they put on so much live music and promote up and coming bands. They do an awful lot for the local community around Seattle as well. https://www.kexp.org/ https://www.youtube.com/user/kexpradio