TheFlash

Kendal/Lakes holiday let for friends and family: apartment with hifi

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

Nice place, you are a braver man than I entrusting lovely hifi gear to 'strangers'  :D

Strangers? You're all Wam family!

• Like 1

Super Wammer
11 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Less of the "small" please.

Was that  ‘whoosh’ moment? I was referring to the distance between speakers 🔊 

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, Old Git said:

Was that a ‘whoosh’ moment? I was referring to the distance between speakers 🔊 

You might well have been...

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

You might well have been...

Have I offended? My apologies if so. As it happens, I’m off up the ‘Lakes’ next year, love it there. Booked into a caravan club site, I’m boring like that :doh:

Super Wammer
11 minutes ago, Old Git said:

Have I offended? My apologies if so. As it happens, I’m off up the ‘Lakes’ next year, love it there. Booked into a caravan club site, I’m boring like that :doh:

No... not at all, you just couldn't see the twinkle in my eyes suggesting continued innuendo. Though you've reminded me I must update the website to say that caravan owners aren't welcome. This is another inappropriate joke!

• Haha 3

Super Wammer

Thanks for the "Like"s. I have friends staying there right now for the first time (four nights). Got a text saying "Nigel, we've arrived safely and the kettle in on. It's beautiful" and another saying how much they liked Kendal itself and its independent shops.

I also have friends staying there, again for the first time, for seven nights over New Year. It's all good exposure for the apartment, the town and for hifi...

I keep telling them all to take CD's! I encourage anyone who has a record deck of their own to take LP's too but the turntable is out of bounds to nostalgic numpties ("ooh, look, a record player! I know he said no but we can always buy him a new needle..."). The Bluesound Node 2 for bluetooth, Spotify etc is probably too big a step for those whose home "hifi" is an Amazon Echo or Sonos but we live in hope.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Hi Nigel

Would bringing your own USB Hard Drive be appropriate ? Will contact you early next year as this would be an ideal home base for Linda and i . Were already comitted to Ibiza for Christmas or I would have been tempted  for this year .

Hope this works well for you .

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, bencat said:

Hi Nigel

Would bringing your own USB Hard Drive be appropriate ? Will contact you early next year as this would be an ideal home base for Linda and i . Were already comitted to Ibiza for Christmas or I would have been tempted  for this year .

Hope this works well for you .

Of course Andrew, though when I tried my WD MyPassport 3TB drive the Bluseound Node 2 didn't recognise it. I think it was a formatting thing but a thumbdrive should be fine.

Current speakers there are ProAc D30RS but they may well be active ATC SCM40A's by the time you are ready to book...

All the best,

Nigel

Super Wammer

Update on kit as of April/May 2019:

Lounge

• Michel Gyro SE
    • Origin Live Illustrious
    • Ortofon 2M Black
  • Jolida JD9 II tube phono stage
  • Blesound Node2
  • Arcam CD23T
  • Arcam T32 FM/DAB tuner
  • Arcam DV139 SACD/upscaling DVD player
  • (Sony Bluray player)
  • Rotel RHC-10 passive pre
  • Rotel RHB-10 power
  • Boenicke W8 with @Knipester swingbases

Possibly:

• Rotel RCD-991 CD player
  • Leema Acoustics Elements DAC

Master bedroom

• Systemdek IIX900, AT520, Tecnoweight
  • Rotel Michi RHQ-10 phono stage
  • Yamaha KX-580 SE cassette deck
  • Pioneer PD-S505 Precision (Tom Evans tweaked)
  • an FM tuner
  • Pioneer A300R Precision integrated (ditto)
  • ProAc Studio 125

Bits and bobs:

• The 48" Sony TV is hooked up to the hifi for high quality TV/DVD/Bluray sound
  • Netflix
  • Bluesound Node 2 allows Bluetooth connection if you're into that sort of thing...
  • Broadband (natch)

I always end up camping around Paterdale/Griesdale when in the lakes but that is a fabulous looking apartment and hifi rig(s).

Wouldn't dare stay somewhere with light grey carpets when I'm walking/scrambling/climbing all day but looks a fabulous place for someone wanting to explore the lakes at a more sedate pace. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, J Macquarrie said:

I always end up camping around Paterdale/Griesdale when in the lakes but that is a fabulous looking apartment and hifi rig(s).

Wouldn't dare stay somewhere with light grey carpets when I'm walking/scrambling/climbing all day but looks a fabulous place for someone wanting to explore the lakes at a more sedate pace. 

Thanks Jamie, I know Patterdale and Grisedale well. Thanks for the comments.

Most people take off their muddy boots to drive back from a walk/climb... or to walk up the communal stairs... or when they get into the dark plum carpeted hallway with boot/shoe racks... but you're clearly very attached to yours! I've never had to deal with boot marks on the bedlinen but there's always a first.:^

All the best,

Nigel

• Haha 1