On 15/10/2018 at 12:22, timster said:

How do you know this phino? I remember you explained you could "get at" the SO2 xml profile by looking in a Konfig file once you open the SO tab on a SO2'd DS, but from what I recall it just showed the freq/gain/Q numbers of the modes. Are you saying there are also adjusted values in there? Is it possible the unused custom filters are in there because konfig fills them in?

As an EXAKT Listener I am still using SO1 via Konfig. The optimisation parameters are stored in XML-Files. That looks like on the attached picture (Structure is shown in UltraEdit).

I am wondering whether it is possible to get those xml-Files whole using SO2 with the web-component. And if so, whether there is a possibility to upload manipulated xml-Files as well.

If so, and as long as the processing application is still the same, one could possibly add customers Filters manually. Just an Idea.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 12.48.42.png

2 hours ago, Wickie8166 said:

As an EXAKT Listener I am still using SO1 via Konfig. The optimisation parameters are stored in XML-Files. That looks like on the attached picture (Structure is shown in UltraEdit).

I am wondering whether it is possible to get those xml-Files whole using SO2 with the web-component. And if so, whether there is a possibility to upload manipulated xml-Files as well.

If so, and as long as the processing application is still the same, one could possibly add customers Filters manually. Just an Idea.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 12.48.42.png

phino has found a way to get at the values SO v2.0 calculates.

So.... I see no reason why you couldn't use an existing v1.0 xml profile, and simply change the values for the filters to those v2.0 creates. You'd need to use an existing v1.0 xml of course, with the same ID and version number, save it in a zip and import it into Konfig?

Any reason why you can't do that I may be missing?

This post was meant as my response to The Strat's question about Selekt.

Good, but I see them as a replacement for the Majik range in the future. I think the modular design is the way forward. It makes it easy (though probably not cheap) to upgrade in the future.

Must admit in the limited time I found it difficult to hear much difference between the Katalyst equiped and the non-Katalyst. Certainly not £1500 in my opinion. Though I must emphasis the demo was quite short.

If I was going down that route I would go with the basic Selekt at £4K and use my 2100 and 6100. Trouble is I would need an Exakt box to go with them. Or go to the Selekt with internal amps and replace my Majik Isobariks for a Pair of Passive speakers. That perhaps would be a one step forward two back. 

Kudos Titan 505's sounded really good (in passive mode) but way out of my budget. Though for some reason two Warren Zevon tracks we played sounded very bright and edgy, maybe that was the files that were being played. No time to investigate. 

Edited by grimreaper46

Have been happily using  a Linn Akurate DS/1 for years now.

i'm having the Katalyst dac upgrade done as we speak,it totally transforms the performance of the DS.

was listening to a lowly DSM /Katalyst the other day and was convinced there was a KDS playing instead!.

my ADS will come back with new dac board with Exact links which i'll never use, but really looking forward to it's return next week ;)

While I’m grateful we have an alternative to the old Linn forums, I’m not too sure that I’m keen on being known as ‘a wammer’ - it’s phonetically too close to ‘a warmer’ which in the local patois is ‘a Scottish slangword for someone who has no clue, generally unlikeable and who gets on your nerves. ...” 😂😀😜

An ex Linn forum member and now a Wammer. I didn`t used to post much but enjoyed the knowledge base and the systems photos of members Linn set ups etc. Will miss that sub section if it doesn't resurrect in some form or other.  So a big thanks to the Wigwam team for making the provision of a new place to be active. If they could get some the knowledge threads migrated am sure we will all be happy.

KR

Ingenius

3 hours ago, brantome said:

While I’m grateful we have an alternative to the old Linn forums, I’m not too sure that I’m keen on being known as ‘a wammer’ - it’s phonetically too close to ‘a warmer’ which in the local patois is ‘a Scottish slangword for someone who has no clue, generally unlikeable and who gets on your nerves. ...” 😂😀😜

I can think of worse things it sounds a bit like!

• Haha 1

Hello, 

Nice to see the Linn forum living (with some users from its former location too)

Wireless (formerly Freshman)