From the Linn forum via the Lejonklou forum to here, and hoping for a continuation of the support and advice I got from so many Linn users over the years. 

Linn no doubt feel that they had to take this step, but speaking personally, I think it a most short-sighted "saving".  How many of us have been inspired and enthused by the personal responses of those who took expensive plunges and posted vested-interest-free reports?  The vast majority of my equipment purchases and upgrades (and there have been a lot)!) were directly inspired by contributions and advice from forum users.  I always waited for a consensus to build up before taking Linn's or dealers' advice on directions of travel - and I am a proud and very happy user of my Exakt Katalysed Akurate set-up. Am I going to take Linn marketing's advice on my next step?  I don't think so.  

Here's hoping for Linn users moving en-masse to this site and re-creating the interesting and invaluable commentary on a truly great set of products. 

However, I will spend some time investigating the Naim forum, just to test the water, so to speak. 

• Like 2

Admin

Welcome to all Linn forum users. Please feel free to discuss all your Linn questions here with the added advantage of joining in with all our other thousands of topics and conversations. This initial Linn Owners Club section is dedicated to the recent forum closure at Linn, however after a few months we are confident that you'll enjoy all the banter, arguments and above all lasting friendships that The Wam is well known for.

Welcome to you all.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

+1 for Vic's comments. Except that I shall probably not be investigating the Naim forum ;-).

David

• Like 1

Welcome Guys (said as a fellow refugee, but from WHF).

Linn needs a higher profile round here....so the extra backup will be great.

Looking forward to all your collective knowledge.

• Like 1

Admin

Hi guys, welcome to the forum. I've set up a special section in owners club for you. 

It's all been a bit sudden and I'm working hard with Linn to try and get all the content that has been lovingly written passed over and a lot of the retail conversation too. There will be interaction from guys at Linn as there has been on here for some time now. Things will be different but rest assured we will try hard to make it a great place to discuss Linn.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, uk030 said:

Hi there.

I do hope that there will be a real Linn category. Not interested in all the other brand's chatter.

See above. A separate 'owners' section has already been opened up. Nevertheless, we all hope you'll also start to participate in the rest of the forum.

47 minutes ago, uk030 said:

Hi there.

I do hope that there will be a real Linn category. Not interested in all the other brand's chatter.

And the Linn 'space' shall become a fabled walled city of integrated solutions available in a choice of 12 finishes...surrounded by a sea of unenlightened scum.

• Haha 1

It’s good that there’s somewhere for all of the lost Linn wanderers! I must say that I only dipped my toe on to the Linn forum occasionally as I mixed my Linn streamer with kit from other manufacturers.

The Linn forum was largely friendly, helpful and had some very knowledgeable contributors. I hope that some of the knowledge base can be transferred although this may prove difficult.

Well done to the WAM for finding a new home for the Linn refugees.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thank you WigWam.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Edit. I should presumably have started a new thread! Sorry.

My MicroMega Leader Cd Player is skipping, cleaning it doesn’t fix it. Parts are hard to source for this player from around 1990. It may be beyond economic repair.

If I was to buy a second hand Linn CD player, which should I look for to go with the rest of my system as below?

I have an LP12 with DV-20x2, an original Lingo, a Kairn, a pair of Klouts, active Keilidhs.

Edited by Neil Jung
I think I posted in the wrong place.