Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Pepper

John Lennon Imagine

This (the LP version) should be with me tomorrow:

• Like 2

Just a heads, tomorrow night SKY arts have loads of John Lennon docs & films being screened:

John Lennon Live in New York

6:25pm

A 1972 benefit concert by John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Elephant's Memory Band in Madison Square Garden for mentally handicapped children. The performance consisted mainly of material from Lennon's Sometime in New York City album and was his last full-length concert.

AIHD

John Lennon: Gimme Some Truth

7:40pm

Revealing behind the scenes film commissioned by John Lennon to document the creation of his classic 1971 solo album Imagine in the studio on his Ascot estate. Each song is followed from inception to final recording, giving an insightful picture of a great talent at work.

AIHD

Imagine: John Lennon

9:00pm

Film documentary about the public and private life of John Lennon. Yoko Ono contributed more than 200 hours of material to award-winning film-maker David L Wolper for use in this revealing film about one of the 20th century's cultural icons.

AIHD
FILM

The US vs John Lennon

10:15pm

Documentary charting John Lennon's transformation from a member of The Beatles to a rallying anti-war activist striving for world peace during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The film also details the attempts by the United States government under President Richard Nixon to silence him.

Arrived today, outtakes are amazing:

lennon%20imagine_zpsgvrhax3c.jpg

• Like 2

Imagine is a album I got bored to death with when it was first released within a month or two.

Everyone was playing it to death .

Ive got enough original copies  and the Lennon vinyl boxset version.

Im not interested enough in the out takes and other stuff to buy it.

17 hours ago, Drainpipe said:

Imagine is a album I got bored to death with when it was first released within a month or two.

Everyone was playing it to death .

Ive got enough original copies  and the Lennon vinyl boxset version.

Im not interested enough in the out takes and other stuff to buy it.

That's a shame because the outtakes add another dimension to this album. You might have become bored with it even though it is a stunning album but for me that will never be the case even after all these years, it is as fresh and influential as the day it was released. 

Edited by Sgt Pepper

awesome, the STB is loaded.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2018 at 04:53, Sgt Pepper said:

Arrived today, outtakes are amazing:

lennon%20imagine_zpsgvrhax3c.jpg

Coincidently, I picked up the BluRay disc of Imagine/Gimme Some Truth a few days ago.

The 5.1 surround mix is superb, and the movies are very entertaining indeed, as are the outakes.  :)

• Upvote 1