Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Pedro2

Linn SPACE optimisation

I guess everyone wants a fully working solution.

However typically features dripple down from the top-of-the-line systems to the others, take Katalyst as an example. In this case it is different and Linn puts their Exakt customers on the back burner already for many months. Keep in mind that they position their Exakt systems as their Nonplusultra.

I would argue that they should have shipped an Exakt version first and then the non-Exakt one. If that means to push the date out so be it.

But I guess they wanted to make the fall announcement a ‚meaningful‘ one, even it is wasn’t besides killing the forum, and so they needed as much stuff to announce as possible...

Edited by Baba Yaga

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

I guess everyone wants a fully working solution.

However typically features dripple down from the top-of-the-line systems to the others, take Katalyst as an example. In this case it is different and Linn puts their Exakt customers on the back burner already for many months. Keep in mind that they position their Exakt systems as their Nonplusultra.

I would argue that they should have shipped an Exakt version first and then the non-Exakt one. If that means to push the date out so be it.

But I guess they wanted to make the fall announcement a ‚meaningful‘ one, even it is wasn’t besides killing the forum, and so they needed as much stuff to announce as possible...

How about this as a speculative perspective, with tongue in cheek?

Linn are treating their Exakt customers as more precious by letting the non-Exakt customers do all the bug finding before launching with Exakt, so Exakt customers end up getting a better solution in the first release?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

How about this as a speculative perspective, with tongue in cheek?

Linn are treating their Exakt customers as more precious by letting the non-Exakt customers do all the bug finding before launching with Exakt, so Exakt customers end up getting a better solution in the first release?

Seems right to me.  What would we have said if Linn had released a buggy, poorly designed app to use with their lovely sleek top of the range systems? (Well, I think I know if I recall correctly some of the Kazoo threads from the old forum).

Meanwhile as Sunbeam suggests, it is very kind of the non-exakt folk to continue to test the new SO2 algorithm while Linn takes the time to perfect it.