General Factotum

Easy Listening

Super Wammer

Whatever happened to easy listening music? The records, tapes and CDs languish unwanted in the charity shops and I can't say I'm bothered about saving them. Whoever thought it was a good idea in the first place and where did all the buyers suddenly go? The genre seemed to go from thriving to basket case in no time flat so we can't blame "natural wastage" of it's customer base for it's decline.

Did people just pretend to listen to it or had they been desensitised to it's blandness by spending too much time in waiting rooms with piped music? Any thoughts?

Down the council tip along with Barry Manilow records and tapes.

Some poor fishes off the Great Barrier Reef are probably tangled up in his C90s with there heads stuck in the holes of his LPs.:ph34r:

Edited by Drainpipe

Here you go the King of easy listening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Kaempfert

Goldring Leek don't remember the speakers but they were big back in 65.B|

I don't think the genre has died. There has always been a glut of titles and large stocks in charity shops.

Edited by TIU

29 minutes ago, TIU said:

I don't think the genre has died. There has always been a glut of titles and large stocks in charity shops.

29 minutes ago, TIU said:

Look at all those rubbish covers albums big stars (That Were) put out that sell.

Rod Stewart couldn't get a album deal years ago So he does covers albums and makes another fortune.

He made me laugh on the Graham Norton show Saying what makes him so happy is you only get a Knighthood because the people vote for it.

Dont know where he gets his Knighthood info from?

I never got a voting application form.

Would of been don't give one to that ker he's not even lived in England or his much loved Scotland for tax reasons since the mid 70s.

Edited by Drainpipe