uzzy

Digital Interconnects what's the story?

Super Dealer
50 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Yes I know why my digital cables sound different. They use targeted ferrites to filter out RF noise. 

And I define better as being darker, less glare, less high end fizz. In other words, eliminating RF noise artifacts. 

I know you are a fastidious chap and would never dream of trying to fleece customers out of their hard earned , can you detail the unsighted tests you have performed?

As you know unsighted testing is absolutely essential so that you do not fool yourself into believing their are changes when in fact there are none.

Keith

56 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Yes I know why my digital cables sound different. They use targeted ferrites to filter out RF noise. 

And I define better as being darker, less glare, less high end fizz. In other words, eliminating RF noise artifacts. 

Thanks for your explanation. I must be free from RF noise then, I know many are troubled by it.

Dealer

That is a fallacy, I had nearly 10 years experience to prove it. It is a learning process and blind just takes you away from that process. All our senses are connected remove one and the others get confused, it is all to do with energetic perception. I can also prove that as well. Make it a bloody performance like you lot do and you create the deafness, if just something changes and you just hadn't seen what it was then the full aural perception doesn't change. In time with blind and double blind you adjust and you can see with your ears shall we say. I used to wink at Paul when I knew what speaker was on, and we used to have a bloody good laugh (after everyone had gone) at the marketing men sitting completely confused and didn't even recognise their own stuff. Why companies insisted on sending eeediot marketing men is beyond me, perhaps they prided themselves on BSing anyone, all they did was look daft. The designers who attended adjusted very quickly.

It is just a con to prove yourself right, nothing more, it serves no purpose but marketing, so crap can be sold, or to deny people choice.

13 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

i had better say I have an axe to grind, I build and sell cables. There is no difference between analogue and digital co-ax apart from you only need one length for digital. I make four different co-ax cables and I can demonstrate the difference between them to anyone. I will say nothing just change cables, people can hear it or not and say so to anyone they want. Basically it is the same differences you hear with analogue cables when you are presented with better ones.

I would be interested to participate in such a test. How the test would be conducted? What equipment? Would you play some music with one cable, than change a cable and play again?

Super Dealer

‘Senses become confused’ what complete and utter nonsense, you won’t subject yourself to testing because you know there is no difference.

Cables are just snake oil just buy something fit for purpose.

Keith

• Like 1

In the instructions, my player / dac has specs of 110 ohm XLR, 75 ohm for both RCA and BNC.

Since the OP mentioned cables between player / dac is this relevant? 

Nobody has mentioned figures for any of the cables they use, so is it plug in any old thing with the right connector (and some ferrites) or does that ferrite thing apply mainly to Chord products?

Personally, I have heard differences with XLR signal cables, and BNC for clock cables. 

Super Dealer

Did you hear those ‘differences’ while comparing sighted, the brain is extremely powerful, once you have been ‘primed’ by the magazine/cable charlatan you expect to hear a difference. remove the sighted component and those preconceived notions often disappear.

Keith

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

‘Senses become confused’ what complete and utter nonsense, you won’t subject yourself to testing because you know there is no difference.

Keith

And that is unfortunately where you show your hand. Anyone would be a complete fool to go anywhere near you if there were any tests because we know you would just sit there saying no difference, no difference, no difference. 

• Like 1

Double blind testing has been consistently proven as the absolutely most reliable way, with a suitably large sample and correct setup, to prove the existence or non-existence of any differences in various assorted situations.

How can it not be? If you introduce 'learning' that inherently implies you are going to adjust to something.

It seems strange that DBT is the accepted scientific standard for almost every situation and by almost every academic institution, yet one of the few 'industries' that continue to deny its value is that of cable manufacturing.

One could venture to suggest there is some interest at stake...

• Upvote 1

Super Dealer
4 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

And that is unfortunately where you show your hand. Anyone would be a complete fool to go anywhere near you if there were any tests because we know you would just sit there saying no difference, no difference, no difference. 

I wouldn’t be taking the test, you would.

Keith

Dealer
6 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

Don't insult me laddy, I was doing blind tests for Acoustic Research in 1973, I no longer waste my time with them, been there worn the tshirt, rejected the bull droppings. All this is about is justifying yourself, nothing else.

It even led to the study of the energy paths and how we create the need for music and why it exists, it is primeval, it is to do with the unconscious brain, it is natural, and individual in nature. I have written many posts about it in the past. All you do is switch off our natural emotions and relaxation so the conscious takes over and thought becomes the process, music is emotional stimulation, that is very basic and natural, so you want to stop it.

It developed into such a fascination I trained under a Chinese Master in Shanghai in the taoist arts, and gave up building Hi-Fi for 5 tears to concentrate on it - my school, no longer active, I just do some private work now http://www.art-of-energetics.com/

And my teacher http://www.art-of-energetics.com/New/Interview.htm

This is very much focused on martial, but all aspects of life especially music are energetic experiences.

Dealer
4 minutes ago, rabski said:

Double blind testing has been consistently proven as the absolutely most reliable way, with a suitably large sample and correct setup, to prove the existence or non-existence of any differences in various assorted situations.

How can it not be? If you introduce 'learning' that inherently implies you are going to adjust to something.

It seems strange that DBT is the accepted scientific standard for almost every situation and by almost every academic institution, yet one of the few 'industries' that continue to deny its value is that of cable manufacturing.

One could venture to suggest there is some interest at stake...

Not for things that are emotional experiences.

Super Dealer

I used to like David Carradine in ‘Kung-Fu’ , with all that experience telling the difference between two of your interconnects should be a breeze.

Thanks for the ‘laddy’ no-one has called me that in years, made me feel quite sprightly ,for a moment.

Keith

Edited by PuritéAudio
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richard Dunn said:

All this is about is justifying yourself, nothing else.

But with respect, that is exactly the opposite of what properly-conducted blind testing is about.

It is about removing any other influences and simply assessing apparent differences.