uzzy

Digital Interconnects what's the story?

Super Wammer

And the purpose of that site is ????

Dealer

Do you mean the ones I posted. It is a forum like this one.

9 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

And the purpose of that site is ????

To keep you in the dark perhaps? :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

I think he meant this one Richard http://hififoofight.org/2018/08/28/pureshte-audio-dealer-wants-to-keep-you-in-the-dark/

Dealer
18 minutes ago, joleyami said:

I've tried loads of different Digital cables in my setup and can't tell the difference between them.

I'm up for the challenge. B|

Can you get to Sidcup.

1 minute ago, uzzy said:

I would peacefully suggest that posting this link again is 'disconstructive'. We're all here to enjoy something or other....

Dealer

My wife goes away next Tuesday so I can get away with inviting my loony (her words) friends around. So Sat 13th or 20th or both for a cables back-off in Sidcup - snacks and tea provided.

1 minute ago, Millennium said:

I would peacefully suggest that posting this link again is 'disconstructive'. We're all here to enjoy something or other....

Oops - sorry I was just trying to explain which link .. mea culpa .. :peace:

Super Wammer
25 minutes ago, Richard Dunn said:

I was meaning the Hifi Foo Fight site Richard

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

When can we set up the ‘digital cable challenge’, I’ll bring along two identical DACs you can provide the cables and the blindfold.

Keith

Why are you bringing two identical DACs, Keith? I thought all DACs sounded the same?

You might as well bring some all-in-one speakers along too; heck, if we're going to do double-blind level-matched and all that malarkey, we might as well prove that the Kii3 and the D&D 8C sound identical while we're at it. Oh, and solid-state amps which also sound the same. In for a penny...

I'm up for the challenge!

N

Super Dealer

If you are going to test two cables it is much more effective to attach them to two identical DACs which allows instant switching.

If you try comparing unsighted you will see I am right , even though it goes against everything you have read in the magazines and been told by dealers.

Keith

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

If you are going to test two cables it is much more effective to attach them to two identical DACs which allows instant switching.

If you try comparing unsighted you will see I am right , even though it goes against everything you have read in the magazines and been told by dealers.

Keith

I thought that all adequate DACs sound the same so why do you need to bring identical DACs? Why not just two DACs of the same spec?

Anyway, I return again to my point of why are you OK saying that you do not need double blind tests to show the advantages of Kii3 speakers because in your words "it is so obvious" and yet if I say that the improvement with my digital cables is obvious you scoff. At Lurch's bake off I had a constant stream of listeners to a digital cable swop who basically said 'luddy 'ell Nick, that's amazing'.

I have guys come to my house with their digital cables and within 3 minutes of plugging in mine they have bought my cables because "it is so obvious".

But maybe the most disappointing aspect to the discussion is that you appear to have a closed mind to the possibility that the digital cable do or even may sound different and that you view your oft quoted level matched double blind test as merely a mechanism of proving your belief that they all sound the same.

Fourlegs or anyone else making digital cables

Do you know why your digital cables sound different? What is the difference you hear? Having explored if digital cables make any difference I thankfully did not hear a hint of difference, optical, coax, USB or Ethernet.

I am interested in those who do hear difference.

Speaker and analogue signal cables I do hear differences. Digital no.

Super Wammer

Yes I know why my digital cables sound different. They use targeted ferrites to filter out RF noise. 

And I define better as being darker, less glare, less high end fizz. In other words, eliminating RF noise artifacts. 

5 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Yes I know why my digital cables sound different. They use targeted ferrites to filter out RF noise. 

And I define better as being darker, less glare, less high end fizz. In other words, eliminating RF noise artifacts. 

How much roughly are your cables?