Lurch

Lurches 2nd Anniversary South Coast Bake Off, Sunday 18th November, PO19

Super Wammer

Yes folks it really is coming up for 2 years since I started doing Bake offs at Lurch towers. 

As usual it's 10:00 - 20:30 so you have 10 1/2 hrs in which to let what little hair you may have left, down. 

2 rooms avaiable:

Main Room = MY system. 

Playroom = Whatever you guys can cobble together. 

Hopefully, like last year's 1st anniversary we can get some exotica to attend, (anyone prepared to kidnap Jamie and his 36.5 DM). 

On a more personal note I would like to have an MM Phono shootout, as I'd like to find where the  built in PS in my Pre stands.

I'm particularly interested in hearing an LCR topology phono,  if anyone has or can get a loan of one. 

Newbies ALWAYS welcome

My now famous Ultra Crispy Maris Piper  Chips (and possibly fish fingers) will be served. 

Room for 12-14 bodies. 

Attendees

wizmax

Richard Dunn

NSM

Bigfool1956 

Speedracer 

saladisfun 

chrisph 

GLB 

Kit

AR Legend TT

NVA (PS + stuff) 

Garrard 401/Jelco 750D

IA PS3

Welborne clone PS

Angle Audio MC

LA3/5A

Ayre Evolution phono pre

Monarchy Audio SE100 Mk2 monos

Rogers LS5/9

Anthony Gallo Ref 3

Edited by Lurch
Add attendees/kit

Two years already, it seems so much longer.

Yes please John.

• Haha 1

Dealer

Me Pliz.

Goodies on request. I prefer to do train as I am starting to hate driving. So if you want something NVA brought then it will have to fit in a trolly case. If you want to compare your amp / phono stage then my choice would be Phono1mm and A30/P50sa and cable. That will fill the case.

I'm game.

Ive got a variety of possible contributions depending on what the others are bringing, John. If we can free up the corners for placement I could even bring the Jantzens and maybe Hifinut * could follow in Fourlegs hoofprints down south.

One interesting option will be a recently refurbished AR Legend armed wiith an Alphason Xenon and an AT33PTG cartridge. Im told this will be ready for the 18th. The AR is the original suspended deck designed by Ed Vilchur back in the 50s and ive had a number of the earlier ones modded to accept various arms including a Hadcock, Tabriz and Linn LVV. The Legend is the same mechanically but has a newly designed plinth and armboard.

*Hifinutt was bowled over by these rearloaded horns at Nick's Melton Mowbray speaker bake off.

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

Super Wammer

Count me in.

Super Wammer
On 02/10/2018 at 20:30, Richard Dunn said:

Me Pliz.

Goodies on request. I prefer to do train as I am starting to hate driving. So if you want something NVA brought then it will have to fit in a trolly case. If you want to compare your amp / phono stage then my choice would be Phono1mm and A30/P50sa and cable. That will fill the case.

MM phono definitely for me. Pre power combo also be good especially as Dave wanted to hear some NVA kit, and I'm sure others would be interested also. Cables also be good, any chance you have a biwire set? If not the cable you brought last time with some jumpers would do the job on my Ushers. 

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

I'm game.

Ive got a variety of possible contributions depending on what the others are bringing, John. If we can free up the corners for placement I could even bring the Jantzens and maybe Hifinut * could follow in Fourlegs hoofprints down south.

One interesting option will be a recently refurbished AR Legend armed wiith an Alphason Xenon and an AT33PTG cartridge. Im told this will be ready for the 18th. The AR is the original suspended deck designed by Ed Vilchur back in the 50s and ive had a number of the earlier ones modded to accept various arms including a Hadcock, Tabriz and Linn LVV. The Legend is the same mechanically but has a newly designed plinth and armboard.

*Hifinutt was bowled over by these rearloaded horns at Nick's Melton Mowbray speaker bake off.

I think you need to dig your truss out of storage and give those Carey Monoblocs an airing. 

Super Wammer

Count me in John please. Kit wise I am happy to bring the 401/Jelco SA750D if anyone would like to hear it, & if you want MM phono's I can bring the Welborne Clone Compleat ?

I would be interested in hearing some NVA stuff, a phono stage would be nice.

John I will bring that speaker cable we spoke about for you to try, they are short at around 2 mts but that is more than enough for you no?

The 401 will be very interesting and Im confident my old Welborne ill put up a good show. I should bring along the Ayre PX-5 phono stage that replaced it - it can be internally switched for mm or mc and is connectable balanced and unbalanced.

Edited by Non-Smoking Man
Thought better of it and info added.

I could bring my PS3 John.

Super Wammer

Okay mate will stick it and the Welborne clone on the list. 

Hope someone has access to an LCR topology PS (other than the Vida which I know has a V good lcr mm stage) 

Can you include me please. I have an Angle Audio mc stage, unsure whether it is the battery version or not. Also my ls3/5a's if required.

Finally Mrs T's carrot cake, probably my best offering

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, saladisfun said:

Can you include me please. I have an Angle Audio mc stage, unsure whether it is the battery version or not. Also my ls3/5a's if required.

Finally Mrs T's carrot cake, probably my best offering

Look forward to seeing You and your wife's carrot cake, David. 

Ive decided to bring a set of electronics for Room 2 : Ayre Evolution phono and pre amp; Monarchy Audio SE100 Mk2 monoblock power amps (100w class A).

(Plus the AR Legend already promised.)

Jack NSM

Super Wammer

Kit list is building rather nicely, it also looks like I have scored the loan of something rather tasty to add to the mix. All we need now are a few more bodies to sign-up for this.