Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Pepper

What MOFI albums do you own?

What Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs LP's do you own and which is your favorite?

I've only got 5 Bob Dylan MOFI SACDs no vinyl .

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Just the two slabs of MOFI vinyl for me:

MFSL 2-441 - Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms [2 x half speed 180g]
MOFI 1-034 - Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love [1 x 180g]

...and the Dire Straits 2 x 180g  pressing are one of the best slabs of the black stuff in my small collection...

Edited by orbscure
  • Like 1

Elvis Costello - King Of America. Very good SQ indeed compared to original LP.

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily. Dreadful.

• Like 1

Are you ordering from the states or getting from a UK supplier?

I find some of the prices far too high, some are over a £100. Did have  a look at SACDs and downloads but not bought any yet.

Bob Dylan meant to be very well done. 

Are Analogue Productions better?

Abbey road, Whats going on & lets get it on on vinyl, august and everything after on cd.  Favourite is whats going on, inner city blues is just superb on it.

Muddy Waters - 1964 - Folk Singer (LP, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-201 - 1994

John Mayall With Eric Clapton - 1966 - Blues Breakers (LP, Limited Edition, Remastered, Stereo), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-183, Decca - MFSL 1-183 - 1984

Eric Clapton - 1977 - Slowhand (LP, Limited Edition, Promo, Reissue, Remastered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-030 - 1980

Eagles - 1976 - Hotel California (LP, Reissue, Remastered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-126, Asylum Records - MFSL 1-126 - 1984

Jean Michel Jarre - 1976 - Oxygene (LP, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-212, Disques Dreyfus - MFSL 1-212 - 1994

Dire Straits - 1985 - Brothers In Arms (2x45 RPM, LP, Limited Edition, Numbered, Remastered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 2-441 - 2015

Madeleine Peyroux - 2004 - Careless Love (LP, Limited Edition, Numbered, Remastered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 1-284 - 2006

Patricia Barber - 1994 - Cafe Blue (3x45 RPM, LP, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue, Remastered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 3-45002 - 2004

Patricia Barber - 1998 - Modern Cool (3x45 RPM, LP+), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 3-45005 - 2005

Patricia Barber - 2010 - Mythologies (2xLP, Limited Edition, Numbered), Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab - MFSL 2-318 - 2010

Edited by matador

Super Wammer

I’m a big fan of Music On Vinyl reproduction and I’ve been enjoying recently Abbey Road’s reproduction release’s especially John Martyn’s - Solid Air which I highly recommend. I do have on pre-order the first 3 Dire Straits albums to be released on MFSL which fingers crossed will be released next year.

I have brought direct from the USA, and delivery was fast and service and packing was fantastic, however I paid for it on import tax.

2E1D1CCE-226B-4891-B9DF-00FF606CBAC1.thumb.jpeg.f7a922412233bf2f9b006fe60f57c990.jpeg

My last purchase was Dire Straits, Pete (orbscure) recommended it early this year and it is good.

My favourite is Natalie Merchant vinyl is fantastic and great music too, and loved the import tax too lol.

Amiee Mann, I cannot honestly remember the last time I played it? If I’ve listened to it all the way through???

Rod Stewart great album, cover has become unstuck. My original copy gives it a tough contest which one is better.

Foreigner great album apart from an annoying click on on track.

Tears for Fears great album apart from annoying click on one track, my original in my opinion sounded better. Waiting patiently for the SW remix version to be released.

A friend bought this Brad Miller, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab recording through a HiFi Mag, back in the early 80s, on Vinyl....superb quality, but a bit pointless, as it was a recording of a Train on one side and a Thunderstorm on the other - but it was a fun demo.

R-1980525-1469645153-9710.jpeg.jpg

When you price things up on their website and compare them to the UK it seems you are better off ordering them through the UK if they are available here.

There is only a limited number of UK sellers though, and they only have sporadic stock.

What is the rate of import duty and do you have to pay it on postage too?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I know Juno and What records have a limited selection, is there any other UK supplier?

Abbey Road. There seems to be more them around than people want, which keeps prices down. When I say 'keeps prices down' I was still bid upto £48 to buy it, but that's peanuts compared to some MFSL LPs.

Trouble is with MFSL, most of them are in the States, so when you find one at a good price, you get raped for international shipping ($40+ in some instances). Then when you do find one over here, the scarity pushes the price up to about the same as US+shipping.

Super Wammer

I buy and preorder from Diversevinyl 

https://www.diversevinyl.com/

• Like 1

I know Juno and What records have a limited selection, is there any other UK supplier?
MCRU sell some too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1