Sgt Pepper

Simon & Garfunkle MOFI one step LP's

AT 95E

Good to hear BOTW is impressing! Ive preordered the one step Whats going on. Looking forward to comparing it to my standard mofi pressing..

42 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

How do you find your Angle Audio phono?

I should have updated my profile. I am now using a Project Phono Box S. The Angle was very good.

Good to hear BOTW is impressing! Ive preordered the one step Whats going on. Looking forward to comparing it to my standard mofi pressing..
Out of interest did you pre-order it directly from Mofi?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JD68 said:

Out of interest did you pre-order it directly from Mofi?

Yep, never bought anything directly from them. Hopefully no issues...

Yep, never bought anything directly from them. Hopefully no issues...
I was looking at it and I calculated it would cost about £135 including postage, import duty, vat and PayPal currency fees.

Diverse Vinyl are doing a pre-order for £180, so quite a saving.

I've just bought the BOTW one off EBay anyway, so looks like I will have to give Marvin a miss as I'm not that rich.

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Man, listened again today..........breathtaking.

Edited by Sgt Pepper

On 12/10/2018 at 17:00, JD68 said:

I was looking at it and I calculated it would cost about £135 including postage, import duty, vat and PayPal currency fees.

Diverse Vinyl are doing a pre-order for £180, so quite a saving.

I've just bought the BOTW one off EBay anyway, so looks like I will have to give Marvin a miss as I'm not that rich.

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Unfortunately I havent been very lucky.. received the boxset last week after a 3 month wait and a further £31 import cost taking the total to near enough £165 only to open it and find the person that packed it must of thrown the lp's into the sleeves as the bottom of them were torn straight through. the sleeves are also covered in marks, some going through the print into the card below.  on both lps theres splits in both the inner sleeves too, including slight damage to the edge of one record showing very little care has been taken in packing them.

I raised it with Mofi, their response being when the sleeves are available (no indication of when) they will send them out with my next purchase..! no mention of how they'd rectify the damaged lp either.  

Ive replied with my dissatisfaction at this and await a resolution. luckily i paid with paypal so thats the last resort if no joy..

lesson learnt I think..

Edited by stormyuklondon1

Unfortunately I havent been very lucky.. received the boxset last week after a 3 month wait and a further £31 import cost taking the total to near enough £165 only to open it and find the person that packed it must of thrown the lp's into the sleeves as the bottom of them were torn straight through. the sleeves are also covered in marks, some going through the print into the card below.  on both lps theres splits in both the inner sleeves too, including slight damage to the edge of one record showing very little care has been taken in packing them.
I raised it with Mofi, their response being when the sleeves are available (no indication of when) they will send them out with my next purchase..! no mention of how they'd rectify the damaged lp either.  
Ive replied with my dissatisfaction at this and await a resolution. luckily i paid with paypal so thats the last resort if no joy..
lesson learnt I think..
Sorry to hear that. I would definitely go down the PayPal route as the fact it was sent from the States shouldn't mean it is not delivered intact. And with a record of that value it matters that the sleeves are all in good condition.

My BOTW copy came in a Mofi box, was yours not packaged like that?

40 minutes ago, stormyuklondon1 said:

lesson learnt I think..

Oh man, that is annoying, to say the least. I hope you get sorted soon.

On 12/10/2018 at 17:00, JD68 said:

Thank you for your order. Before we ship to your location, we would like to remind you that your package is subject to taxation upon entry to your country. We have no control over any of these additional fees as they are imposed by your government. Mobile Fidelity / Music Direct will not be held responsible for any and all taxes, duties, VAT, or import fees that are incurred by the shipment. The receiver shall pay any and all costs associated with the shipment. If you refuse shipment and your package is abandoned, you will not receive a refund and the shipment will be abandoned.   Please respond if you understand that you may be charged additional fees. In addition, please review our international return policy at the link below and confirm you have done so. We will not ship your order until we receive your response. We thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

1. Due to the extreme cost of shipping products internationally, should you receive a defective piece music title Mobile Fidelity will not pay for the return shipping of the item. All costs related to shipping an item for a return to and from Mobile Fidelity must be covered by the customer.
  2. Customers who refuse or abandon shipments will be charged all fees that Mobile Fidelity has incurred to retrieve your package.

1 hour ago, JD68 said:

Sorry to hear that. I would definitely go down the PayPal route as the fact it was sent from the States shouldn't mean it is not delivered intact. And with a record of that value it matters that the sleeves are all in good condition.

My BOTW copy came in a Mofi box, was yours not packaged like that?

yea mine was packed in the mofi box which is intact, as is the shipping package which was very sturdy. the damage must of occurred in the factory whilst being put in the sleeves, they were damaged whilst being packed which I would say could be seen as negligent rather than defective., so I cant see how the above policy from mofi would apply.

Their policy seems very unreasonable to me. If they're not prepared to offer a fair returns policy for overseas customers why don't they just refuse to ship overseas. I assume it is perfectly legal though.