Kegworth Show Information

THE WAM HIFI SHOW 2019 - Exhibitor Rooms All Now Full

Show Opens At 10am This Sunday - £15 On The Door (No Card Facilities/CASH ONLY)
Super Wammer Members Entrance Fee is £10 (Must Show Proof Of Membership and Forum Name eg. Print Out Of Forum Profile)

ROOM ALLOCATIONS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KSQoBqqBYbZWVFBU6oX8u5kM-FPGsxl4uQMaTx_iu6k/edit?usp=sharing

Sgt Pepper

Simon & Garfunkle MOFI one step LP's

1 minute ago, BeeRay said:

Maybe they did not have anymore in stock and everywhere has run out? These records tend to get bought up very quickly and then the prices shoot up even more. Even normal cds command silly prices when they are no new ones available, two I was looking to buy are well over £100. 

I do agree it's too much for one record but you can think of it as an investment, I think the price will only increase. Some people buy several copies and then sell them when they go out of stock. 

MOFI have sold out. The Santana Abraxas one step is now going for over £1000.

1 minute ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Yes they only print a limited number and some people buy loads. This is a great shame as prices are too high for many buyers. 

3 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Yes they only print a limited number and some people buy loads. This is a great shame as prices are too high for many buyers. 

As I say I had loads of Blu Ray films gathering dust on a shelf, so thought why not.

The sound quality is well............ jaw-dropping

Edited by Sgt Pepper
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

As I say I had loads of Blu Ray films gathering dust on a shelf, so thought why not.

The sound quality is well............ jaw-dropping

That's good. I see Marvin Gaye is available soon, $125.  

• Like 1

Forgive me, but £160 for a double LP and you need to get one of them 'repaired'?
I seem to have fallen into an alternative reality here.
If I'd paid £160 for a double LP and one of them was warped, they'd be making their way back to the seller double quick.
My thoughts exactly, but unfortunately manufacturers these days know they can get away with murder most of the time because nobody seems that bothered and can't be bothered doing something about it

18 minutes ago, mikeyb said:
1 hour ago, rabski said:
Forgive me, but £160 for a double LP and you need to get one of them 'repaired'?
If I'd paid £160 for a double LP and one of them was warped, they'd be making their way back to the seller double quick.

My thoughts exactly, but unfortunately manufacturers these days know they can get away with murder most of the time because nobody seems that bothered and can't be bothered doing something about it

It's repaired and like new at no extra cost so all good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyb said:
2 hours ago, rabski said:

To be fair I think MoFi price is "only" $99, I think the rest is shipping, UK tax and mark up by the importer/dealer. MoFi did go bankrupt. If Sgt. Pepper sent it back to the dealer, he would then not have the record at all, think he did the right thing in getting it repaired. These are not your normal records. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:48, Sgt Pepper said:

People with deep pockets buy them in bulk to sell to some poor b'tard weeks or months later for triple the price after the official supply chain as all dried up. Same thing happened with the Beatles vinyl mono box set: it was £299 when it came out in 2014, officially it has been sold out for about three years, yet here and there you can still find new sealed boxes for £800+. Some might say this is just a fine example of a capitalism in action, but I see it just the same as ticket-touting.

• Like 1

People with deep pockets buy them in bulk to sell to some poor b'tard weeks or months later for triple the price after the official supply chain as all dried up. Same thing happened with the Beatles vinyl mono box set: it was £299 when it came out in 2014, officially it has been sold out for about three years, yet here and there you can still find new sealed boxes for £800+. Some might say this is just a fine example of a capitalism in action, but I see it just the same as ticket-touting.
I agree with you. Same with record store day. It takes the innocence and fun out of things when people cynically exploit it. It ultimately means some real die hard fans miss out on tickets/records if they're not wealthy enough to afford tout prices.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JD68 said:

I agree with you. Same with record store day. It takes the innocence and fun out of things when people cynically exploit it. It ultimately means some real die hard fans miss out on tickets/records if they're not wealthy enough to afford tout prices.

I agree but it's not just vinyl, I'm seeing it for cds even fairly unknown artists, if they are out of stock for new ones the prices are steep, one I have just discovered I went to check the price and it's £177 new, just for a bog standard cd, I can get it used for £40 but I don't know and these are the cheapest prices. Another similar artist, cd is out of print and it's £140 online. I can understand out of print Beatles LPs, there will be a lot of demand for those. But yes a lot of people seem to buying up these special editions or remasters and flogging them off when they go out of stock. I don't think it's just wealth, it's a question of worth, I can buy lots of things but to me some are not worth it. £100 for a cd, no. £8,000 for DAC, no. £500 for some cables, no. MoFi I think should print more and limit them to 1 per person, in a way they are losing out.

I agree but it's not just vinyl, I'm seeing it for cds even fairly unknown artists, if they are out of stock for new ones the prices are steep, one I have just discovered I went to check the price and it's £177 new, just for a bog standard cd, I can get it used for £40 but I don't know and these are the cheapest prices. Another similar artist, cd is out of print and it's £140 online. I can understand out of print Beatles LPs, there will be a lot of demand for those. But yes a lot of people seem to buying up these special editions or remasters and flogging them off when they go out of stock. I don't think it's just wealth, it's a question of worth, I can buy lots of things but to me some are not worth it. £100 for a cd, no. £8,000 for DAC, no. £500 for some cables, no. MoFi I think should print more and limit them to 1 per person, in a way they are losing out.
I think the one step recordings are limited to two per person.

It's a difficult debate because the bulk buyers aren't doing anything illegal and they are only using the supply and demand system that capitalist economics are based on, it just seems shitty when they are exploiting an innocent hobby. Like you say though, if it's not worth it don't pay it. If nobody paid tout prices the touting would stop.

I bought my first copy of BOTW in New York a couple of days after it was first released and then a UK copy when I got home.

Never thought there was anything lacking in SQ to warrant paying the big bucks wanted for this MOFI version.

Ive heard a friends and still don't think it's worth the money.

34 minutes ago, Drainpipe said:

I bought my first copy of BOTW in New York a couple of days after it was first released and then a UK copy when I got home.

Never thought there was anything lacking in SQ to warrant paying the big bucks wanted for this MOFI version.

Ive heard a friends and still don't think it's worth the money.

Strange, I have been able to compare both.....this is much better to my ears.:S

Edited by Sgt Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Strange, I have been able to compare both.....this is much better to my ears.:S

Much better to your ears luckily doesn't effect my wallet.:D

Out of interest what cartridge do you use on your TT ?

I can't quite make it out from your pictures.

• Like 1

AT 95E