DiamondJoe

What's your most prized recording?

I was just wondering if anyone else has a favourite, most prized recording - vinyl, CD, SACD, DAT? cassette tape even? - for me it has to be Marillion's FEAR (and apologies for the first word in the album title but I'm not going to blank it from the photo) in my opinion, and I just might be a little biased, it's an astounding body of work that I can listen to over and over.

Because I pre-ordered the album, and thereby helped to pay for its production, I've got my name in the credits which gives me a tiny little buzz (I know, small things etc...)

image.png.7097fa7c35b41587ba98625ac8e98015.png

So what's your most prized recording?

An original Sgt Pepper mono LP release.

Dalis Car 'The waking hour'

Pete Murphy and Mick Khan (rip) create an incredible soundscape crammed with exotica and deliciousness.

I guess it's my Jimi Hendrix and Noel Reading recordings Jaming with friends on separate occasions.

That won't see the light of day until I'm pushing up the daisies.

My kids inheritance.

Audio tapes my dad made of me as a baby and as a toddler, laughing, playing, on holiday, reciting nursery rhymes with my mum and dad. Irreplaceable memories of great times and of people who are long since deceased, such as my mum. All now safely digitised for posterity. I made similar recordings of my own children, but technology had moved on in 30 years meaning the recordings of my children are mainly videos and have always been digital, so I don't have to worry about deterioration.

Those recording are worth more to me than any commercial recordings whose worth has been over-inflated by collectors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillShatnersToupee said:

Audio tapes my dad made of me as a baby and as a toddler, laughing, playing, on holiday, reciting nursery rhymes with my mum and dad. Irreplaceable memories of great times and of people who are long since deceased, such as my mum. All now safely digitised for posterity. I made similar recordings of my own children, but technology had moved on in 30 years meaning the recordings of my children are mainly videos and have always been digital, so I don't have to worry about deterioration.

Those recording are worth more to me than any commercial recordings whose worth has been over-inflated by collectors.

I've got some of those my father recorded in the early 60s on his Reel to Reel .

Me singing Cliffs young ones one Sunday morning rubbish.

My late Mother singing dinner is on the table is priceless.

image.jpeg

She was the Sax player in this band.

Edited by Drainpipe
  • Like 2

Its hard to pick one but Soundgarden's Superunknown on German '320' vinyl would have to be a contender. About my favourite album and this being the rare and by far the best sounding version, it would be the very last album I would ever sell.

I have all the black sabbath albums on first pressing on vinyl and the Philips vertigo first black sabbath album but only the Ozzy Osborne years and blizzard of Oz Ozzy’s first solo album signed by him  .

Super Wammer

I have an original vinyl copy of ‘My Generation’. Not my favourite Who album, but for many years, my favourite band. It’s not in great condition, but I’d never sell it.

Depends on factoring...

I have a signed London Grammar CD, which despite being recent, commercial, and not exclusive (i.e. lots of signed copies) gives me the chills listening to it. 

Have loads of signed hip hop CDs.

Also, have many rare hiphop CDs, which will be valuable based on their inaccessibility, but which I’d never sell.

One of my most prized CDs is Skull & Bones by cypress hill, which was a prezzie, many years ago, from a close family friend, who is no longer with us - so despite the fact I could probably buy it in a shop tomorrow, is irreplaceable to me as he bought it for me.

Edited by Amormusic
  • Upvote 1

Red Rose Speedway by Paul McCartney and Wings. It was the first LP I ever bought and it has great sentimental value to me. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/09/2018 at 21:01, DiamondJoe said:

I love Sgt Pepper, that original must be worth a fortune :22:

Not really mate, you can still find decent copy's for not too much money.:)

7 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Not really mate, you can still find decent copy's for not too much money.:)

Yeah ,

In mono stereo and worn out played to death on every record player radiogram flip 33/78 stylus on the planet with a coin of ones choice on top.

Thats without the fag and joint smoke fingers dripping sweat and dropping arm stylus dents.

Thank god Party Four cans were opened in the kitchen at parties.

love 60s and 70s first editions.:D

Edited by Drainpipe