Tony_J

Kegworth 2019 - Suitcase Challenge

Super Wammer

I really agree that the more people that exhibit a system no matter how simple or how exotic the better . I can promise you it will be fun and the more rooms that aref illed the bettter the fun .

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

I thought the suitcase challenge was an interesting twist on the show :^ As much as I had no intention of exhibiting this year and perhaps just enjoying time swanning around the show indulging, I also realise its only Wam members that make this show great. Still early yet but was perhaps expecting a couple more exhibitors or new exhibitors but it really doesn't matter. The more variety and kit that turns up the more interesting it can become, it doesn't matter if the kit is old, new, cheap, exotic or even if its as simple as someone has already mentioned a couple of Sonos speakers set up well and playing some interesting music. It should be as always a great event.

Well said Eddie. As proof of this, I have always wanted to hear some Sonos speakers in a proper stereo set-up, so I for one will be keen to listen to that system.

5 hours ago, Brigadoon said:

Well said Eddie. As proof of this, I have always wanted to hear some Sonos speakers in a proper stereo set-up, so I for one will be keen to listen to that system.

That's right Barry let's hope who suggested it or anyone who is up for the challenge decides to get a room. I actually have friends with proper seperates who are contemplating selling the lot in favour of something like a Sonos or multi room jobbies. Can they sound better the answer is possibly if done right and in the right environment. And it is ultimately about the user enjoying and making the most from their music, as hi-fi's / music systems don't sound great if they're never used. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

On that note Tony, are we allowed to know what your criteria are? Do things like VFM, innovative  ideas etc factor in, or are you going for pure SQ regardless of cost?

6 minutes ago, Brigadoon said:

On that note Tony, are we allowed to know what your criteria are? Do things like VFM, innovative  ideas etc factor in, or are you going for pure SQ regardless of cost?

As per the initial post, the winning system will be the one that sounds best to me. So DIY gets as fair a chance as £££ off-the-shelf.

The rules are, there are no rules apart from its got to be in a suitcase or similar type of bag. The gloves are off here! :D

haha, only joking, and I'm a nobody don't listen to a word I say :)

3 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

that sounds best to me.

Can't say fairer than that :^ ;)

Super Wammer
11 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

As per the initial post, the winning system will be the one that sounds best to me. So DIY gets as fair a chance as £££ off-the-shelf.

Sorry, missed that....:doh:

11 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

So, not subjective at all then...:D

By the way, did I mention how good you're looking Tony?  Have you lost weight?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Brigadoon said:

By the way, did I mention how good you're looking Tony?  Have you lost weight? 

46734547572_cb4ce2f3f3_o.png

:DxD

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Haha 2

Just now, eddie-baby said:

The sincerest form of flattery comes in a glass, of course... :pint:

Super Wammer

I find flattery comes next morning

2 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

The sincerest form of flattery comes in a glass, of course... :pint:

Hence the prize :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I find flattery comes next morning

No I think you'll find thats the flatulence :D   

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
6 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

I know not whereof thou speakest...

funny-picture-dog-garbage-can-stuck.jpg

• Haha 1

xD

Just now, Brigadoon said:

I know not whereof thou speakest...

funny-picture-dog-garbage-can-stuck.jpg

xD That is good!

• Haha 1

A NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL SUITCASE CHALLENGERS...

So far, the spreadsheet only shows one entry that identifies as a Suitcase Challenge system (Special Requirements column). It would be a great shame if there was only one system to choose from. If you are bringing a suitcase challenge system, please sign up for a room and make a note in the SR column that it is to be entered into the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1