Tony_J

Kegworth 2019 - Suitcase Challenge

Super Wammer

Will love to hear what thise wh are brave enought have decided to do for this . Hopefully you will all have systems up and working for Saturday night .

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, bencat said:

Will love to hear what thise wh are brave enought have decided to do for this . Hopefully you will all have systems up and working for Saturday night .

shall we have a bet on who will forget the combination on their suitcase lock? ;) 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Frankly this year I forgot my room number (twice) and had to find a catalogue to see where I was .

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, bencat said:

Frankly this year I forgot my room number (twice) and had to find a catalogue to see where I was .

would this be late Saturday night perchance? :whistle:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

would this be late Saturday night perchance? :whistle:

...or early Sunday morning?

Super Wammer

both I think !!!!

• Haha 1

Last year at Scalford I ended up in a confused state wandering down a windy dark corridor at 3 or 4 am and found some of the staff watching telly in a bedroom, one of them kindly took me to my room.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Maverick said:

shall we have a bet on who will forget the combination on their suitcase lock? ;) 

...and this will result in a 'Guess the lock combination' thread, temporarily taking over from 'Guess the album cover'.

Edited by Gizza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

shall we have a bet on who will forget the combination on their suitcase lock?  
Happened to me on holiday once took me about an hour to get the codes of 2 suitcases.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Super Wammer

Sorry if this question has been asked, but do we have to be only be showing a suitcase system in our room to qualify?

16 minutes ago, Brigadoon said:

Sorry if this question has been asked, but do we have to be only be showing a suitcase system in our room to qualify?

You can show as many systems as you like in addition to the suitcase system - not a problem.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just to let you all know what you will be playing for here and whet your appetite...the prize for the winning suitcase system will be one of these:

https://www.oldandrarewhisky.co.uk/products/arran-founders-reserve?variant=8146477056104&gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGiebVmW_rSPkrwVDj3vZqWdLBMSBm0VwScEPtDhDfsoU5XgN_8zmRyMaApKfEALw_wcB

Founders reserve was a limited bottling of 4yo Arran, made available to initial investors in the Arran distillery. I bought a couple of cases in bond at the time - still have a few bottles left (needless to say, the price I paid was nowhere near what the ripoff merchants whisky dealers ask for it these days!) Being only a 4yo, it is a light whisky, but has a surprising depth of flavour and good finish. 

Edited by Tony_J
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

My work  on getting a small system to take out in my suitcase to Ibiza for my Niece has meant that I now have a possible system to take to Kegworth for this . It will not be as adanced or as DIY as some that have posted but it will work so will bring it along if I do not visit my Niece before Kegeworth .

Edited by bencat
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Its a good challenge and a nice prize. Still trying to think of some of smallest speakers that sound the biggest :)   

• Upvote 1