Tony_J

Kegworth 2019 - Suitcase Challenge

11 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

I'm looking for some small speakers to complete a system.

Vintage?

Technics SB-M01

44374308955_bb7989d94f_c.jpg

43471924860_196235a271_z.jpg

44374309475_92a2129193_z.jpg

• Upvote 1

Modern ?

Always fancied trying these, they seem to only be available in America though. https://www.roleaudio.com/skiff

LS3/5A probably the ultimate suitcase speaker tho. Cubic inch for inch, as they say :D

45236893272_3ab94415aa_c.jpg

• Like 1

I’d wager a couple of Play Ones would see off a lot of these and only need a smartphone with some 320k AAC (or ALAC) rips as a source. A shoebox for a pair of size 11 Docs and a bit of bubble-wrap would suffice instead of a suitcase!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chebby said:

I’d wager a couple of Play Ones would see off a lot of these and only need a smartphone with some 320k AAC (or ALAC) rips as a source. A shoebox for a pair of size 11 Docs and a bit of bubble-wrap would suffice instead of a suitcase!

You know you might be right, there are some great bluetooth speakers out there now, might even see 'some' of the bigger systems off, that would be embarrassing.

Minirigs with a dedicated sub kicks ass. Might even fit it all in your pockets, your coat pockets obviously :D Not your Lycra cycling shorts, or you may get some strange looks :D

https://minirigs.co.uk/speakers/bundles

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Haha 1

I'm going to try old school, pre, power dac, source and speakers. If I can nail the speakers reckon I'll have a red hot little system. Unf I can't stretch to the likes of Spendor, Harbeth etc

20 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

I'm going to try old school, pre, power dac, source and speakers. If I can nail the speakers reckon I'll have a red hot little system. Unf I can't stretch to the likes of Spendor, Harbeth etc

Mordaunt shorts ms10i, budget bargains and can upstage many a higher price speaker in the right system. 

• Upvote 1

Right, cheap little speakers bought, they get very mixed reviews so it remains to be seen if they are good enough, will report back in a week or so.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

Right, cheap little speakers bought, they get very mixed reviews so it remains to be seen if they are good enough, will report back in a week or so.

What speakers did you get Lawrence? 

What speakers did you get Lawrence? 
I'm keeping schtum for now, once they arrive and I can confirm they are working and don't sound as bad as some people say I'll let you know

In terms of suitcase size, I'm planning to bring a big one but it's within airline size limits as I recently took it on holiday, I assume that's ok?

22 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

In terms of suitcase size, I'm planning to bring a big one but it's within airline size limits as I recently took it on holiday, I assume that's ok?

Yes.

Super Wammer
58 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

snow board bag?  :D :D :D