BeeRay

Bandcamp

Just wondering if anyone buys their music through Bandcamp, I know with cds there maybe postage issues (cost) but for downloads it seems a good way and more of the money goes to the artist, especially if you don't pay via Paypal. For some albums it maybe the only way you can buy cd quality as some are not producing cds.

I've bought my Trichotomy CDs via Bandcamp - seems to work well.

I buy a lot of my music through bandcamp and it works well for me. I also have a vinyl subscription to a record label through them and again that works great so far. Not had any problems buying cd/vinyl either.

Super Wammer

Same for me, I'm a happy Bandcamp user with 137 current flac downloads and have also bought t-shirts from one of my fav electronic music labels in the US without any issues :)

13 minutes ago, Bolosun said:

I also buy a lot through Bandcamp. Mainly FLAC downloads, but the odd physical release

I wish I had the space for FLAC but as most of my listening nowadays is on headphones at work it's down to what I can fit on my phone (work outdoors).

5 minutes ago, J Macquarrie said:

I wish I had the space for FLAC but as most of my listening nowadays is on headphones at work it's down to what I can fit on my phone (work outdoors).

I see but can you not use cloud storage? 

Not always got signal even in North Herts so I tend to avoid streaming. It's fine really, doubt it makes too much difference through my not so wonderful Bluetooth headphones. 

Another happy user here.

Some physical purchases (reasonable postage) but mainly FLAC downloads, especially those artists who do HD releases (All Them Witches and Big Big Train spring to mind)

Another Bandcamp convert here, mainly lossless downloads but I do buy the occasional CD when taxes & postage don’t ramp up the cost. Being able to try-before-you-buy has saved me from a few turkeys that I probably would have bought.

Its great for finding some albums no longer available on CD and it quite often throws up decent recommendations to try. 

Edited by Blackmetalboon

A Bandcamp user here but only for Cd's .

There is a bit of a wait for some Cd's but you are dealing directly with the artist so it is only to be expected.

Overall I love it especially as I know most of the money is going to the artists themselves. :^

Bandcamper here.

Latest purchase Richmond Fontaine - Dont Skip Out on Me

Had some nice finds over the years.