Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

HifiE

New hifi up to £30k

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

I wouldn’t expect there to be any difference unles one amplifier was incapable of properly driving the loudspeaker.

Keith

Keith, I think that is called expectation bias. 

Super Dealer

Yes you are right I have negative expectation bias, I wouldn’t make a good subject , you on the other hand!

Keith

If I expected a punch in the face would be lovely , I'd be wrong. 

It is much the same with expectation bias. It is a concept borrowed from an academic discipline which as absolutely no relevance to what you hear with your ears.

In short it is rubbish.

Super Dealer

What tosh Daniel I expect better, cognitive biases are very real, try it for yourself, you just mustn’t know which component is being used, level match as well if necessary.

Keith

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Danielquinn said:

If I expected a punch in the face would be lovely , I'd be wrong. 

It is much the same with expectation bias. It is a concept borrowed from an academic discipline which as absolutely no relevance to what you hear with your ears.

In short it is rubbish.

I wouldn't even bother with him.  Sooner or later his inability to communicate properly (robotic) is going to affect his business. He's offered me a couple of pretty good deals on D&D and Kii and although I strongly considered them, I just couldn't buy from him as I have no respect for him.  It's unfortunate as well because he has information to share, but has relegated himself, at least with me, to the little boy who called wolf.  No one listens anymore.

3 hours ago, ChemMan said:

I wouldn't even bother with him.  Sooner or later his inability to communicate properly (robotic) is going to affect his business. He's offered me a couple of pretty good deals on D&D and Kii and although I strongly considered them, I just couldn't buy from him as I have no respect for him.  It's unfortunate as well because he has information to share, but has relegated himself, at least with me, to the little boy who called wolf.  No one listens anymore.

I remember those carpet fitters.

• Haha 1

Super Dealer
5 hours ago, ChemMan said:

In time you will discover that everything I have said is the truth, you just have to learn to distinguish between what is necessary for good sound reproduction and what is BS.

Keith

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

For many, when the hole they are digging for themselves is deep enough, they set aside their shovel.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Iceman 16 said:

I remember those carpet fitters.

Sorry, I should have said "I don't," but it didn't fit with the parable. 

Edited by ChemMan

Super Dealer
2 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

For many, when the hole they are digging for themselves is deep enough, they set aside their shovel.

Honestly I was just like you, before Purité I believed everything I read or that a dealer told me, I still have the expensive cables to prove it !

But when you listen to many different products and have the oppurtunitires to directly compare them ,and then you talk to engineers regarding the actual science, begin to read around the subject and make the effort to perform you own comparisons, you begin to realise what is really important .

https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/single-post/2017/02/08/Level-matching-for-fun

Keith

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

I was just like you, before Purité I believed everything I read or that a dealer told me

Tell me this was a typo!

Super Dealer

At the time I didn’t have any reason to disbelieve.

Keith

1 hour ago, PuritéAudio said:

At the time I didn’t have any reason to disbelieve.

I thought objectivity started with skepticism as the default position ;)

Super Wammer
On 30/09/2018 at 09:42, PuritéAudio said:

Honestly I was just like you, before Purité I believed everything I read or that a dealer told me, I still have the expensive cables to prove it !

But when you listen to many different products and have the oppurtunitires to directly compare them ,and then you talk to engineers regarding the actual science, begin to read around the subject and make the effort to perform you own comparisons, you begin to realise what is really important .

https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/single-post/2017/02/08/Level-matching-for-fun

Keith

Its really interesting that there is an assumption here that other people are just as gullible.  I wonder what evidence you have for applying your experiences to the rest of the population?

And listening to lots of products and making comparisons - is this exclusive to Purite?  I suspect there may be other people who have experience too, perhaps some of them are buyers and not sellers.